Painted Black Door Mirrors

Dec 15, 2007
South East London
Hi thanks for the answers on the painted black front grille, have ordered it from my dealer, but just after i thought about the Door Mirrors too, would look so much better in black to match the rest of the car, i know the Cupra comes with painted black ones like the grille, but does anyone know the part code and how much they are? I know i could phone the dealer back but dont want to look a spanner, would rather have all the info to hand first!!

Anyone else got any ideas for useful add-ons, a few people have the armrest, is that worth having?

Cheers

Al

Aug 29, 2005
I am sure a stealer would give you the price if you asked although I bet they are the same part number (less the paint) as the FR.

140SPORT

Aug 22, 2007
mirror

Hi

I asked about them and he told me about £10 each but they are not painted just in primmer.

Moley RUFC

Up in the Lickeys........
Nov 20, 2006
Lickey,Worcs
Easy. They come primed then just nip to halfrauds get some black gloss paint and away you go. They match my grill perfect

Dec 15, 2007
South East London
Ok this is a stupid question.... but then i am pretty stupid so i guess its ok.....

Ok so i can get some primed door mirror covers for my FR so i can paint them black so they match my bodywork.... but hang on can i just take off the painted silver ones and paint them black? Im thinking even if they turn out awful what have i lost i just get the primed ones i was going to get anyway....

Ok if was my other half that pointed this rather obvious solution when i was proudly telling her what i planned to do... and i had to do the only thing sensible at the time and tell her of course i couldnt do what she suggested (didnt want to look a twat understandably.....)

:whistle:

140SPORT

Aug 22, 2007
Mirror

You can paint over the silver but they will need the shine taking off first and then cleaning with thinners.

Once painted 3 coats of black give them a couple of clear coat.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.