Painted Rocker Cover

May 31, 2008
Hey guys, i had a few quid left over after buying coilovers and new tyres. so i decided to buy some paint and paint my rocker cover.

Heres a few pics lol.

prepped.jpg

paint.jpg

donded.jpg

lolredrocker.jpg

Post pics if anyone else has done the same :D

Danny_MK2

That does look nice! Iv been trying to polish mine up for ages but it just wont come up how i want it 2! Is it easy to take off etc??

May 31, 2008
Cheers guys, it took about 3 hours in total to do but i did some prep work the day before also. My engine bay is super clean only due to a bit of elbow grease and a can of engine degreaser lol.

May 31, 2008
nah just 3 allen bolts for me and it came straight off, you may need to replace the gasket if it is hard or brittle or even broken. I didn't have to fortunatly enough so i now have a spare gasket for sale lol.

May 31, 2008
hmm i still have a large patch of grease which i cannot get rid of, where can i get machine cleaner from?

May 31, 2008
I plan to do my exhaust shield with the same paint but in black, mainly because it really sticks out being the only silver thing in my engine bay lol.

Dec 17, 2006
Bristol
I found the Autoglym engine cleaner was next to useless on parts that are really heavily covered in grease. Get something with lots of orange warning labels on it.

The people who make 3-in-1 oil do a good degreaser, it's in an aerosol with a green label. You can get that from halfords too.

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
I found the Autoglym engine cleaner was next to useless on parts that are really heavily covered in grease. Get something with lots of orange warning labels on it.

The people who make 3-in-1 oil do a good degreaser, it's in an aerosol with a green label. You can get that from halfords too.

Well I put the Autoglym engine cleaner onto the chassis arm bit which was very dirty and covered in grease etc. Sprayed a fair bit on and left it for 5 minutes and it cleaned it very well. Now just to get some dry weather so I can crack on with it.

May 31, 2008
I did the same with my exhaust shield today.

DSC04382.jpg

DSC04388.jpg

before the work over the last 2 days

beforelol.jpg

after the work :D

afterlol.jpg

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.