Votes: 15 60.0%
  • diy refurb using spray can

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • leave them as they are

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters
Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
ok debating gettin my alloyas sprayed anthrecite but i dont know what method to go for if i do it. opinions, paint, powdercoat , spray can (diy), leave as they are??

poll votes!!

Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
photoshop
IMG_0183copy.jpg

Mar 20, 2009
Largs Scotland
Going for this colour to mate gonna get mine powder coated! Let me know where abouts you get it done as im on the lookout for a good place that will refurb and powder coat mine :D

I sprayed my mk3 Cupra wheels with a rattle can - they came out well and it lasted me about a year until the brake stoor started to stick (then I just did them again). They looked pretty good (IMHO) I'll post a picture later when I can access my flickR. Only cost about £20 in rattle cans from halfords and a few hours of my time.

I can also vouch for Carrick Engineering - They repaired one of my alloys when it got mashed in a pothole. You couldn't tell it had been damaged afterwards.

borderboy

Sep 5, 2009
Gretna Green
leave them as they are.......i put anthacite S3 alloys on my last car and now when i look back i think they were chavy

they were nice at the time but it's been done to death :)

Deleted member 13581

Powdercoat Scott. Get them to do an extra layer or 2 of clearcoat.

I got mine done Gloss Black with 2 extra layers and they looked great.

DSC00260.jpg

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
There are loads and loads of shades of anthrecite mate. But when I got mine done they guy said "what colour do you want them" so I pointed to some wheels on display and said "I want that one" :)

Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
just called 2 places.
kilmarnock powdercaoting servces=£161 without tyres (sound like pricks tbh)
carrick engineering = £140 without tyres =£150 with tyres (decent guy and seen his work)

Aimez

not easy I was in the same boast, I looked at lots of people with the same wheels as me in different colours with a black car like me. I then did some photoshops and was 99% sure when I went then chose the shade in their workshop.

rocky2008

Buy Cheap Buy Twice!
Nov 16, 2008
North-east
im getting mine done in ten days time in anthracite, im just going to print a photo off and show them it then see if they can do it for me :)