Parking Sensors Long Beeeeep when select reverse

davy_fr

Oct 10, 2014
Glasgow
Hi All

Been searching through all the parking sensors threads and cant seem to find a solution before a take the car back to the dealer.

Everytime from starting the car if i select reverse there is a long beep then tells me on display optical parking sensors are not working. looked in boot but cant see any modules or sensors.

Please help is there a common fault or usal problem thats a easy fix or back to the dealers.

AlexK1

Apr 20, 2014
Poole
There's an easy way you can test to see if the parking sensors are working. (I use this method on peugeots at work). With the ignition on and engine not running, select reverse gear.

Go round to the parking sensors and lightly hold your finger on the centre of the sensor, you should feel a vibration/pulsating sensation.

If you check against the others, and find that one doesn't do this, that will be the faulty sensor/wiring to the sensor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davy_fr

Oct 10, 2014
Glasgow
Right tried that and the passanger outside one has nothing and the rest all have the vibrating/pulsating feeling. So assuming that one is dead. Is it a easy replacement or better go back to garage.. Not really dealt way parking sensors before

AlexK1

Apr 20, 2014
Poole
That's good news then in a way. I would check underneath if you can see the plug is locked into the sensor. If it is then it's most likely to be the sensor itself, which providing it's a genuine kit you may be able to buy separately.

Depends on how easy it is to get to, may be a bumper off job. If you're not comfortable might be worth asking a garage to quote you for replacement

davy_fr

Oct 10, 2014
Glasgow
Cheers chief, donno not even really looked under it but its still under warrenty so if a cany get to it a will take it back to them.

Cheers again matey

AlexK1

Apr 20, 2014
Poole
Yeah it's a good test, I only found it out last year when my master tech showed me

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members