Parrot CK3000 Cable???

dannyk

leon cupra
Oct 3, 2004
Aberdeen
I have be given a Parrot CK3000 Bluetooth car kit, and am looking to upgrade the firmware on it, this requires an interface cable.

I was wondering if any one has one, and if i could borrow it?

Either if someone is close to aberdeen or if you mind sending it to me and i'll send it back??

Thanks

Danny

dannyk

leon cupra
Oct 3, 2004
Aberdeen
Because i want to use it with my Sony Ericsson W800i i need to upgrade the firmware so it supports the phone, i works ok with older phones.

At the mo my phone can add the parrot to it's devices but cannot use it.

You can buy the cable for it but was just wondering if someone else had done this before so had the cable.

You can also take the parrot to a Parrot dealer and get them to do it but i don't know of any in Aberdeen and can seem to find out.

Cheers

Danny

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
is it the evolution, i have that one and it works symbian 80-90 phones, or is it just the 3000

dannyk

leon cupra
Oct 3, 2004
Aberdeen
Pabs, is that for the upgrade serial cable, if so where from?

Rick, it's just the 3000 (really old one!!)

Cheers

Danny

dannyk

leon cupra
Oct 3, 2004
Aberdeen
Yep thats the one paul, if i can't find a dealer in aberdeen in the next week i'll buy that one.

Cheers

Danny

Kris

ESTATE! I'm Getting Old!
Nov 21, 2003
North Essex
Visit site
Do it via bluetooth.

Thats what I did.

Also I think that the wire for upgrading was free from the parrot website (not 100% sure)

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
the ck3000 cant be done via bluetooth, unless you have another ck3000 to send the firmware FROM.

I read that only the 3100 can be done by bluetooth (and newer models)

cu51pra

black ibiza cupra
Mar 15, 2005
harlow in essex
Pabs said:
the ck3000 cant be done via bluetooth, unless you have another ck3000 to send the firmware FROM.

I read that only the 3100 can be done by bluetooth (and newer models)

yes its true the older ck3000 can be done by bluetooth but ive got both ck3100 and the ck3300 and even they have problems with my phone sony k750i its a sh*t phone and cant always hold a bluetooth signal

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
hmmm damn, thats the phone I have. Never had a problem with mine personally, love it to bits.
Might not be bothering with handsfree if its not reliable then

dannyk

leon cupra
Oct 3, 2004
Aberdeen
I've just upgraded to the W800i so hopefully it'll work ok!!??

Found a cople of parrot dealers in aberdeen so will see if they'll upgrade mine for free tomorrow??!!

magic77

Soot Machine
Jan 20, 2004
Camberley - Surrey
Visit site
if you have a k750i and are having problems with parrot or phone itself make sure you do an update to the phone first. Sony Ericsson provide a web based update service. Case of installing a piece of software on your PC and then plugging the phone using the provided cable. When I got my K750 the parratot kit kept disconnecting and not picking up correctly. flashed the phone with new firmware and everything is fine.

on other other side of things just fitted the ck3000 evo to my wifes focus and its a top kit and if you have a sony ericcson then you can control the car kit with the menu system that can be accessed throgh accessory section of the phone. makes setting up a lot easier.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
ahhhh, good news again!
My k750i runs the latest firmware - do the updates on SE's website a few times before now.
Not sure if I use my phone enough to warrant the handsfree. I NEVER answer my phone while driving, I pull over. But would be so much easier to carry on driving :)

magic77

Soot Machine
Jan 20, 2004
Camberley - Surrey
Visit site
the parrot is definetly worth it even if its to avoid the one time when you lost you pick up the phone and then get pulled over .

Not speaking from experience as I've always had a form of car kit but couple of friends have been pulled and now funily they have either parrot equivalent or at least a headset

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.