Part No.

Cynthia

Aug 28, 2019
Does anyone know for certain the part number for the tailgate closing button situated on the tailgate itself? I have tried SEAT garages but they can't help.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Does anyone know for certain the part number for the tailgate closing button situated on the tailgate itself? I have tried SEAT garages but they can't help.

Pretty poor if a Seat garage cant help. Sounds like they don’t want to help as all components of a car are shown on a breakdown of the vehicle parts.

A check on ebay and Amazon showed a part suitable for Audi models as 3D0959831D. It stated that it fits the Ateca too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
Dealers are sometimes reluctant to just hand out part numbers as it does take someone's time to look it up and the most common reason for wanting to know the part number for something is to try to find it cheaper elsewhere.

Reactions: 300bhpdaily

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Well said. Also if you remove your switch the actual part number will be on it. Then there is no chance you will order the wrong part.

Cynthia

Aug 28, 2019
This is a retrofit electric tailgate. All I need now is the tailgate switch. I am very friendly with my dealer and have purchased the other parts from them. They have spent ages trying to find the part number. Unless a VAG dealer here can tell me otherwise. It appears that VAG are fixed on VIN numbers and the problem is the parts are coded into the VIN when the vehicle is made and if the part is not fitted at the factory it will not show up on the dealers register. There are a lot of exploded views of the Ateca tailgate with part numbers but nowhere does it show the closing button hence my question.
Part number 3D0 959 831 C or D20H has been quoted but dealers say this is for Audi and not an Ateca. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Cynthia

Aug 28, 2019
This is your DIY retrofit motorised tailgate you did yourself if my memory serves me right ?. You could try Syphon's suggestion above.

Did you ever get it working ?. Coding was the issue before as I recall.
Its a long story but the answer is still no. I now have the ERWIN wiring diagram and when the weather improves I will trace the wiring. k-electronic ® GmbH are useless they tell me the coding is correct but will help no further.

Tell

Staff member
Its a long story but the answer is still no. I now have the ERWIN wiring diagram and when the weather improves I will trace the wiring. k-electronic ® GmbH are useless they tell me the coding is correct but will help no further.

Story at one point was you needed ODIS, driven by the VIN number to program it. Not fitted so ODIS don't give you the programming for it. Think that's where you got to unless you now think it's the wiring. Must be programming for the control unit in the boot for that theory I guess.

New VAG way to clamp mods down... You were ahead of the curve 😉.

Cynthia

Aug 28, 2019
I have tried 2 ECU which are programmed for the Ateca same issue. It goes a few feet each time you press the keyfob for the boot then stops and beeps which I am led to believe means an error somewhere. I have spoken to several companies who retrofit VAG electric tailgates but none seem to have fitted an Ateca. Most say we will fit one for you after you take yours off. In the region of £2,000. Of course none will give you much help due to their commercial interest.

Cynthia

Aug 28, 2019
Thanks for the info. This is one of the schematics I used to get the part numbers. 23 and 24 are the catches to open the boot. No where can I see on any diagram the closing button. I have the 4 pin connector for the button. I may be going mad but I am right in thinking there is a button on the plastic inner tailgate trim?

Tell

Staff member
Thanks for the info. This is one of the schematics I used to get the part numbers. 23 and 24 are the catches to open the boot. No where can I see on any diagram the closing button. I have the 4 pin connector for the button. I may be going mad but I am right in thinking there is a button on the plastic inner tailgate trim?
There is indeed on the right if you prefer not to wiggle your foot if you have the virtual peddle / don't have your keys on you. That button must be just a standard part between the Karoq etc.

Tell

Staff member
"E574" for your Google's. Presume that's the switch designation. Pages from the Erwin Ateca electrical system manual.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210316-083002.png
    Screenshot_20210316-083002.png
    136.3 KB · Views: 84
  • Screenshot_20210316-085957.png
    Screenshot_20210316-085957.png
    196.1 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members