Passenger door blanking plate!

The Ham

Hi folks, had my cupra for 5 days now and loving every minute!

Just one small problem- the lock blanking plate on the passenger door falls out very easily.
There doesn't seem to be any broken bits and i cant hear anything rattling inside the door.
I found a post on this problem from 2003 by Snoop, but no replies.

Does anyone have any solutions or shall i just take it to a dealer?

Cheers, Kev.

27082006388Custom.jpg
27082006389Custom.jpg

Steve_B

Stacy mmmm.......
May 6, 2005
West Yorkshire
I'd take it to a dealer to get them to sort it out, you may want to have a look on Pab's website in the guides > exterior mods > delocking section. There's a screw that holds in the blanking plate which is shown in the guide. The screw could either be missing or loose, if it's the second then it's a 2 min fix, otherwise you may need to make a trip to the dealers or B&Q and get a new one.

The Ham

Genius!!

Cheers guys, I can see what the problem is now. Whatever the torx bolt is supposed to tighten up, is'nt there, must be inside the panel.
So, as I have a habbit of making things worse, I will leave well alone and hand it over to the dealer!

Thanks again. Kev.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Hi Kev,

yeh, sounds like the nut that the torx screws into has fallen out, and is now in the bottom of the door. It will be a right pain to get it out, so as its under warranty I'd get to a dealer and get them to sort it out.

Jobs a goodun - glad you found it ok :)