Passenger door won't close

tonipieleanu

Hi all,

I had a problem with my passenger door, it won't close. I'm not talking about locking, but won't actually close. It would open while driving :think:

I tried to manually verify the locking mechanism by pushing the lock up, but it won't click.
After trying a few times I managed to get it closed and lock the door. Will see tonight when I get off work if it's gonna work again or not :shrug:

Anyone had this issue with their lock? Any easy fix? Or should I replace the lock? :cry:

JamJay

California Bound
This might sound silly but how's the weather in Romania? The locks on my car freeze up in this horrid icey time we're having here, allow me to open the door but it won't shut again because the catch doesn't seem to drop. If I pour warm water over the key barrel, it frees up and works as normal.

Gordz

Caught The Mod Bug Again!
May 31, 2007
North East
I've had similar problem with my drivers door when temps were below freezing, door opened fine but then just wouldn't shut. After a while of leaving car running it then just shuts again. I'm guessing it's just to do with warming the locks/seals up.

hoggy90

Full time sexaholic
Nov 14, 2009
Scotland
had this problem this morning....its because it was so cold the lock hatch had frozen solid...kettle full of boiling water should free it and allow it to shut :)

Gordz

Caught The Mod Bug Again!
May 31, 2007
North East
I always stay away from pouring boiling water on the locks, as I did this a few years back with my Ibiza and it broke the lock mechanism! (I guess it expanded too quickly or something?)

hoggy90

Full time sexaholic
Nov 14, 2009
Scotland
yeah you could be right...obviously with a metal being so cold and being heated rapidly could cause cracks to happen etc but sometimes it has to be done...would rather pay to get the lock fixed than lose a full days wage : \