PCP Part exchanging my Ibiza early ? advise from people who have ?

Feb 2, 2021
Hello,

I have a Ibiza FR Sport 2019, had it brand new in August 2019. I’ve been looking for something a bit bigger like the Ateca FR Sport. Anyone got any advise on how I can exchange the cheapest way through the dealer. Spoke to a couple and my settlement is £13.8k they have said they will take for £11.8k which I feel is a little low considering they go for £14k plus.

Im not in a rush but was hoping that Seat would be wanted to sell cars since you know the predicament we are in.

Many thanks

Tom

tak-fr

Dec 3, 2017
Not sure if there is a “cheaper way through a dealer” but...

You can try sites such as motorway.co.uk & if they offer you more you may be able to renegotiate the price with said dealership but it’s still a lose-lose for you, unless you sell private and guarantee to the buyer you’ll pay off the outstanding finance for them.

Or depending on how many payments you’ve made up to your VT period may work out cheaper, time to get the calculator and spreadsheet out pal.

Or just stick with your contract till you reach your VT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tdazza123
Feb 2, 2021
Not sure if there is a “cheaper way through a dealer” but...

You can try sites such as motorway.co.uk & if they offer you more you may be able to renegotiate the price with said dealership but it’s still a lose-lose for you, unless you sell private and guarantee to the buyer you’ll pay off the outstanding finance for them.

Or depending on how many payments you’ve made up to your VT period may work out cheaper, time to get the calculator and spreadsheet out pal.

Or just stick with your contract till you reach your VT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi,

Im about £4k short of VP.

Yes i did look at Motorway and they offered £12,021 which would still leave me £1800 negative equity, yh I've seen similar cars sell at over £14k privately so I could go down that route just depends if people are buying cars from private sellers but I could try I suppose. Just need to find a good pcp on an ateca seen a few on car wow, they did have some offers from around the uk.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Not used them myself, but had a work colleague who used webuyanycar, and was very complimentary about them, although she was up with her 3 years PCP though.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Option 1)
Buy car and sell yourself however selling a car in a pandemic, who has 14k cash lyinh about.... to sink on a seat ibiza? Not many people.

option 2)
Dealer purchase car and you cover the 2k neg equity.

option 3)
Most sensible option, keep car till half term or PCP / half value paid. Hand car back. Voluntary termination.

pompeydave

Nov 30, 2017
If you really want to sell the car I would grab motorways £12k offer , in these times that is a very good price.
Private cars around 12-15k just don't sell well , people want a dealer supplied car with a fresh warranty for that price.
Seat garages are all struggling at the moment , great for someone walking in with cash though .
Ibiza prices do differ from area to area , down here in the south there are some real bargains to be had .