PD 130 turbo just popped! What model?

SteveC123

Torquing TDI
Jul 5, 2009
Is it worth decatting a TDI anyway?

I've been led to believe that decatting one of these doesn't give you the gains that you tend to get by decatting a petrol, and I have to be honest, when I've had petrol stuff decatted in the past, the real gains seem to noticed when you're flat out at higher revs in higher gears, as in when the engine is under load at higher RPM and is therefore pumping out higher volumes of gasses than normal.

With that in mind, is decatting a much lower revving TDI going to be worthwhile?

BlackFR

Jan 22, 2002
Not too far away
George I had the same problem with my turbo also an 05 model I don't drive the car like I stole it I treat it well and keep it well serviced etc every 10,000 miles. Has anyone else had simular probs with the 05???

Sorry to dig this thread up but mine is also an 05 and has just suffered turbo failure.

Maybe a dodgy batch or something. How much did you guys end up paying in the end?

Georgel

Aug 10, 2005
Hi I got a low mileage econd hand turbo for £250 and then paid a friends garage about the same to fit it mate.

Keef83

Nov 25, 2008
Maidstone
I got mine done at the stealers as that is just around the corner from home and they matched a local garage, in total parts and labour just over £1,600.

My thought was also if I get it done at the stealers at least there is come back if it goes again, 1 year parts and labour 2 years parts.

Georgel

Aug 10, 2005
I'm starting to wonder if my new turbo is the same as the original. My cars not as quick and full throttle provides far too much fuel for it. Hmmmm.

Georgel

Aug 10, 2005
Sorry to dig this up, but you've guest it. The turbo has popped again. Just paid a deposit on a Octavia VRS as well. I was supposed to be picking it up next week. What a load of shite!

So I need to find another turbo asap. Talk about having no luck!

Georgel

Aug 10, 2005
Well mine completely siezed today asI limped over to the garage. Sounds like the bearings have given way. How much did you spend on your turbo if you don't mind me asking?

digby130?

pocket rocket
Aug 10, 2008
exeter/london
unlucky mate!
make sure u get a map from a more reputable tuning company..it could be their maps are harmful to your car!
ive had a map on mine for 50,000 +miles .... 175bhp and 291lb/ft RR at powerstation and no problems here at all!

Georgel

Aug 10, 2005
The turbo hasn't failed in such a catastrophic way this time. The engine has kept its oil this time. The turbo just got louder and started to chatter. Then after about 15 mins of chattering it just stopped spinning completely. I am gutted though, as I was due to trade it in today. I've already payed the deposit on the new car as well.

So I won't be bothereing removing the superchip when the car is fixed. I managed to find a turbo at £150 yesterday, lets hope the car is back on the road for the weekend.