PD100 - belt change interval?

claireeyy

When does the belts on the 100 engine need replacing?

thanks

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
before you are bombarded with abuse for:

A. not looking in your service book
B. not using the search button

they should be done at 60,000 miles or every 4 years (according to seat)

gogs

Nov 21, 2009
before you are bombarded with abuse for:

A. not looking in your service book
B. not using the search button

they should be done at 60,000 miles or every 4 years (according to seat)

Service book not always way to go, as they often change, we had an A4 and the book said 80k but Audi went onto say was now changed to 75k, only 5k but others might be more.

I've called dealers before and they often mention the 4 years thing, yet on the back of invoices it never mentions it.

Is this something they have came up with over time?

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
I know that seat regularly changes there mind and have now come up with the above times and mileage for changing, if your un-sure of your specific belt change interval then phone a dealer and they should have it on there system - which is now online and updated daily.

Gordz

Caught The Mod Bug Again!
May 31, 2007
North East
And if you don't trust the service book, SEAT, or anything said here. Just nip it along to local garage and get them to have a look at condition of belt etc. They'll be able to tell you when it needs changing. Just make sure it's an honest garage that you trust and use regularly or they'll just say it needs it there and then!

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Im sure MJ will back me up here but there is no way I would gurantee a belt by looking at it. To effectively check it you would have to take it off anyway, byt the time you have done that, might as well change it.

Gordz

Caught The Mod Bug Again!
May 31, 2007
North East
Im sure MJ will back me up here but there is no way I would gurantee a belt by looking at it. To effectively check it you would have to take it off anyway, byt the time you have done that, might as well change it.

Well whenever take car to my garage for a service, even if not needed they'll double check belt and tensioners etc. anyway and do they take it off. But they do have my car for a whole day when servicing. And they're local and we know them. lol.

gogs

Nov 21, 2009
Gates seem to have a different schedule from Seat, also they don't seem to mention the 4 year figure which make me sceptical.

The diesel Ibizas range from 90k, 120k and 150k...all in KM's.

They do mention yearly figures for some of the VAG range, A3,A4,A6 and TT from what I recall.

gogs

Nov 21, 2009
You would think so but it clearly doesn't work like that.

Gates VAG belt info seems to be quite specific.

Think USA have different schedules too.

Brake switch was a recall in the US, in the UK you had to pay for the pleasure or do it yourself, same cars, same switch, same company.....different country

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise