PD150 hybrid turbo and custom exhaust

JayFR150

Fresh & Clean
Jul 20, 2008
Near Gatwick
I've been thinking recently that i need some extra power from my MK1 leon FR, i got a decent quote from AmD for my turbo to be hybrid, and a mufflerectomy so ill probably be going for these upgrades, all im asking is if any one else on the forum has gone down the same route and what performance would i be looking at.

The car is at 190bhp on a stage 1 map with a piper panel filter.

i would appriaciate any input on what the car will be like and what i can expect.

stebbi

Got Boost???
Jun 10, 2008
Preston
My ibiza is currently running, 150pd turbo dynamics hybrid.
forge FMIC, miltek turbo back non-res exhaust, custom mapping from Jabba and a sach clutch (standard DM flywheel) pd160 air intake and iirc a green filter

figure-wise its at 238bhp 390lb/ft

its quick, 1st 2nd and occasionally 3rd are amusing in the wet.
1st is unusable in anyweather as it just spools mega quick
2nd is amazing, love it.
3rd again pulls like a train
4th is helarious from 40 (when turbo kicks in) upto 80, it just pulls and pulls.
5th again it just keeps on going.
6th well it just cruises, no acceleration on the motorways but if need to jump out just drop to 5th and away you go.

The best way to describe 3rd and 4th is just like being in a nippy car and planting it in 1st & 2nd!

Its nice :) just keep traction control on in the wet

MattFrench

No poke without smoke
Jan 16, 2007
www.rsfrench.com
You will need a new clutch if you havent alread, sasch, helix or spec, do a search, theres plenty of info,

Im running a hybrid running 230 bhp, went up from 190 like youself. Massive increase. realy pulls up to 4.5k even 5 if you want. It has a really good map from rs tunning. has a very progressive power curve with no drop off.

You wont be diapointed.

Sep 29, 2008
Bradford
jayfr150

How much of a decent quote did you manage to get?

I'm looking at doing the same with mine, was just wondering how long i would have to pimp myself out for :blink: :blink:

JayFR150

Fresh & Clean
Jul 20, 2008
Near Gatwick
yea of course i will be upgrading the clutch and a decent quote to me is under 2 k for the lot, turbo custom exhaust system mapping and labour

JayFR150

Fresh & Clean
Jul 20, 2008
Near Gatwick
You will need a new clutch if you havent alread, sasch, helix or spec, do a search, theres plenty of info,

Im running a hybrid running 230 bhp, went up from 190 like youself. Massive increase. realy pulls up to 4.5k even 5 if you want. It has a really good map from rs tunning. has a very progressive power curve with no drop off.

You wont be diapointed.

awesome cant wait!

stebbi

Got Boost???
Jun 10, 2008
Preston
do u get the same performance out of hybridin the standard turbo as you do if you got a turbo conversion?

mine was a turbo out a pd 150 so im guessing it'll be the same as yours.
just sent it to turbo dynamics where they rework and fit a compressor wheel from a gt20 turbo and jobs a good'un

JayFR150

Fresh & Clean
Jul 20, 2008
Near Gatwick
mine was a turbo out a pd 150 so im guessing it'll be the same as yours.
just sent it to turbo dynamics where they rework and fit a compressor wheel from a gt20 turbo and jobs a good'un

lol you make it sound like i could do it myself! i actually can't wait till i have the funds...

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members