Permanent handbrake light on and total loss of foot pedal and breaking

Seat-Chris

MK2 1.4 Sex :D
Jul 20, 2008
Derby
Right, i got in my car this morning after releasing the handbrake i noticed the warning light stayed on so i thought it mite just be the handbrake sticking a little so i took no notice of it, everything was fine until i was 2 miles away from work, i came up to a long left hander and went to apply the brakes and there was nothing :cry: !!!! i got to work in one piece with no breaks some how :whistle: !!!
After a little investigation the only thing i could find wrong was that the fluid was a little below minimum i had a quik chek of my brake lines behind the wheels and they were all fine, the car has drums on the back and ive got it down to bieng the cylinders leaking :(
Do any of you guys/gals agree or could it be something else ???

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
If the fluid is low and the light it on then it could be a leak.

top it up asap.

and then give it a look over for any fluid coming from anywhere..

Seat-Chris

Jul 20, 2008
Derby
mmmmm i was going to do this monday when i got to work where the car is, cba to do it this weekend :lol: just keep topping it up itll be fine :think: hahaha

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
do you really want to take that risk mate? next time you could not be so lucky! i would check it ASAP!

Seat-Chris

Jul 20, 2008
Derby
do you really want to take that risk mate? next time you could not be so lucky! i would check it ASAP!

I were joking mate :D thats why i left it at work and got picked up on friday :) im goin into work early tomorrow (got to cycle :cry:) to strip it down and see whats what.

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
I were joking mate :D thats why i left it at work and got picked up on friday :) im goin into work early tomorrow (got to cycle :cry:) to strip it down and see whats what.

oh, sorry must of missed the (internet) sarcasm :)
yeah sounds like what craig said, just a little opening of the drum might leak oil out, so then you know the problem

hope it gets sorted mate! i know how hard it is without a car, just got mine working after a bloody month!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.