Personal leasing

Oldboy racer

Apr 18, 2017
Glasgow
Just wondering how prices will work out for new Cupra Leon.
I am on a year extension due to covid and expect to change car by next June. I have been on a 6month up front and £287 a month on original 3year deal.
Had a look at lease cost currently on the 290 and shocked at £3k up front and £380 approx a month over 4 yrs.
All a bit scary.

Any of you guys had better offers??

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Had a look at lease cost currently on the 290 and shocked at £3k up front and £380 approx a month over 4 yrs.
All a bit scary.

Any of you guys had better offers??

These will be stock cars only now, maybe they are trying it on as there are only a few left, that's a silly price. I expect CUPRA Leon to be initially higher like the 280 was when first launched, due to being new, but then 6 months to 12 months in will become a bit more on par with what we're used to. Who knows though, the world's gone mad at the moment! :unsure:

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
That sounds crazy. My 290 is up in January but looking to extend now.
The original deal i got that on was £250 deposit and pcm £250 24 months (before i added options.)
Wasn't going to look at another Cupra but i really like what i've seen of the new one so far.

Can't imagine the deals are going to be as good as they were, especially as the cars have gotten more premium now too.
I hope they don't just save the good deals for the lower powered entry Cupra Leons.

Reactions: Syphon

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
The original deal i got that on was £250 deposit and pcm £250 24 months (before i added options.)
Wasn't going to look at another Cupra but i really like what i've seen of the new one so far.

Can't imagine the deals are going to be as good as they were, especially as the cars have gotten more premium now too.
I hope they don't just save the good deals for the lower powered entry Cupra Leons.

Your signature looks a bit out of date ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Lmbarrett83

Mcdoodlz

Mar 21, 2018
Derbyshire

Very interested to hear how you get on. My lease ends March next year.

I've asked for a 6month extension and they want £210 extra per month!! so from £260 to £470!!!

All I can say is bollocks to that!

Oldboy racer

Apr 18, 2017
Glasgow

I've asked for a 6month extension and they want £210 extra per month!! so from £260 to £470!!!

That seems odd. Something must have changed. My lease was up in july this year and I extended for a year. The £287 reduced to £210. The only issue was the 30k miles remained but this was not an issue as had been under and lockdown reduced use. I would like to know why the rules have changed. Worrying.

Mcdoodlz

Mar 21, 2018
Derbyshire
That seems odd. Something must have changed. My lease was up in july this year and I extended for a year. The £287 reduced to £210. The only issue was the 30k miles remained but this was not an issue as had been under and lockdown reduced use. I would like to know why the rules have changed. Worrying.

Interesting, I'll pm you

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield

So I've received x2 quotes from [email protected] for a 6 month extension they want to charge me a fair bit extra at £305 pcm
For a 12 month extension they want to charge me £229 pcm

Due to COVID-19 I'm drastically under the original mileage allowance.

With my old lease on the cupra 280 they dropped the rentals from £250 to £160 pcm for a 6 month extension (i was similarly under mileage)

Times have changed

monkeynuts

TIME FOR BED SAID "Z"
Oct 2, 2003
Area 51
Visit site
Just leased a 290 Lux and it was 1000 up front and 350 per month over 4 years with 40 K mileage direct from Seat
IMG_1626.JPEG

Reactions: Peller and Meeky

Wings988

Oct 27, 2011
Derbyshire
My 2 year lease ended in March this year, seeing as they no longer do a 3 door or manual I opted to buy it and got it at a decent price. They're still on Auto Trader way more than I paid 7 months ago for similar spec. I don't think the MK4 lease will be any where near as good as we got for the Mk3 Cupra. Will be interesting to see how many they sell/lease in the Uk compared to the Mk3.

Reactions: Peller

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I've been finding roughly same prices but they are for the 245PS version. The 300PS versions seem to be on P.O.A

I have had the call from VWFS regarding renewing my current contract. I have put in some interest in a Golf Clubsport as there's nothing much between that and the VZ3 Leon.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Yeah I later realised that myself. Here's the 300 bhp version.

Are you looking at staying with VWFS?
I've been with SEAT finance going on 6 years, but they don't seem to be able to offer me anything this time around.

I'd have kept my cupra a little longer if it wasn't for the warranty and MOT.

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
Same as you, been with them a long time. I always get shot of the car before MOT/Warranty time.

I look after the car as it's my own and it's always worked out good.

VWFS has always got me into a new car at the cheapest rate whilst making sure I'm always in my car until delivery.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Same as you, been with them a long time. I always get shot of the car before MOT/Warranty time.

I look after the car as it's my own and it's always worked out good.

VWFS has always got me into a new car at the cheapest rate whilst making sure I'm always in my car until delivery.

The first car I had was a 280 and i had to extend my contract whilst waiting for my 300 order. The new car took so long it turned out to be a 290. VWFS covered the cost of the MOT and service on the old 280 whilst we waited for the 290 to arrive. I ended up with a 290 with 300 options.

Sounds like we play the same game mate, let's hope they continue to look after their existing customers.

Do they price match?

I'll update the post if I hear anything re deals

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
I'm expecting a call from them today so will update once spoken to them. Ideally I would like a 1+35 at around £300pm but that seems unlikely for a MK4.

I've taken note of some of the other deals for leverage. I'll update later

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
For a vz2 300bhp with metallic paint and a Sunroof I'm looking at 2k deposit and £379 pcm for 36 months.
That's the best I could get with SEAT finance today.

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
For a vz2 300bhp with metallic paint and a Sunroof I'm looking at 2k deposit and £379 pcm for 36 months.
Ouch! That's expensive. Hopefully some deals filter through soon.

gumpy321

Jun 7, 2021
Quite poor. In comparison my VZ3 is 939 up front and 313 a month with 8k miles over 36 months.