Philips X-treme Power Bulbs (up to 80% more light)

mister.c.

mister.c.
Jul 5, 2004
Morning all - I've searched and found loads of useful info on Blue Vision, Osram and Hids. So I'm well aware of the pros / cons of each of these and peoples preferences etc.

However, I'd not spotted a thread / peoples opinions / comments on these bulbs - the latest lights out from Philips (X-treme power) - sounds like a razor blade brand but still! They say they give up to 80% and I wondered if anyone in an old Leon had given them a try and I would welcome peoples thoughts.

http://www.autolamps-online.com/halogen/xtremecentre.htm

These would appear to be 'latest thing' from Philips.

Thanks

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
at £33 for a pair of H7 personally thats quite steap
id rather stick with my silverstars at circa 15quid

J500ANT

Oct 20, 2006
Bristol
There's gonna be a test on Bulbs in Autoexpress this coming Weds. Might be worth waiting and see what it says tbh.

mister.c.

mister.c.
Jul 5, 2004
There's gonna be a test on Bulbs in Autoexpress this coming Weds. Might be worth waiting and see what it says tbh.

Thanks J500- i think i will wait for that group test and if they fly through that, i think I'll give them a try. Thanks Nath but hids are not what i want and opinions on peeps who'd tried other brands, whilst useful, are not what I'd hoped for, from the post. I know there are cheaper brands, other options, potential vfm with choosin other brands, but have peeps tried the specific brand per the post, and if so, what do they think?

Cheers chaps

Nathanio

May 26, 2005
West Sussex
www.w1pcs.co.uk
I had Osram SilverStars in my car before I gto HIDs and I thought they were very good and was very impressed with the difference over the OE bulbs in the car.

Have you seen them in this country yet as I haven't seen any at my usual haunts

m.r.davies

God's Property
Jun 13, 2006
Cardiff
just fitted a pair of the blue vision philips ones from power bulbs

they aren't blue, give off a white light

10 times better than standard, and only £25 delivered
you get the freee side lights too.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
I've fitted... Phillips Blue Vision, Bosch Super Blue and now using Philips Power 2 Night.

All rubbish when i compared them to Jonzy's 90 quid delivered HID's from ebay today.

FYI Bluevisions lasted about 4 months until they blew. Not great light, not reallyt blue either, thank god, but i did get the free sidelights with them for 25 quid delivered which are still on the car now.

Bosch Super Blues are my full beam and are night and white with a slight blue tint. Very good bulbs imo, really bright and cheap as chips.

Philips Power2Night, pretty much the same as Bluevisions, not that bright and slightly blue tint.

But all look like they cover the surroundings in piss when compared to 6k HID's which are super white.

m.r.davies

God's Property
Jun 13, 2006
Cardiff
I've fitted... Phillips Blue Vision, Bosch Super Blue and now using Philips Power 2 Night.

All rubbish when i compared them to Jonzy's 90 quid delivered HID's from ebay today.

FYI Bluevisions lasted about 4 months until they blew. Not great light, not reallyt blue either, thank god, but i did get the free sidelights with them for 25 quid delivered which are still on the car now.

Bosch Super Blues are my full beam and are night and white with a slight blue tint. Very good bulbs imo, really bright and cheap as chips.

Philips Power2Night, pretty much the same as Bluevisions, not that bright and slightly blue tint.

But all look like they cover the surroundings in piss when compared to 6k HID's which are super white.

Interesting,
So tell me more about these £90 HID's
I'd be up for getting a set of them
Got a link?

TheOtherSimon

Jul 12, 2004

But your bulbs are legal, unlike his.

Philips Power2Night are just VisionPlus with a blue coloured tip.

Simon.

davidol

New ghetto whip :)
Aug 17, 2004
Cardiff
im organising a group buy for the local south wales boys, phil meant to say they are £95 delievered (supplier charges £20 per box delivery, included in the £95), Im going to be getting them for the boys for £80 and hand them out locally but if you want to jump in on the group buy i can pop them in the post to you for whatever it costs delivery wise...

have a look in the south wales thread in the mk3 ibiza section and give me a PM if your interested

CH1

Jul 6, 2004
oh, I just paid £130 for mine and fitted them now, boy do they look good!

BTW, regarding the upgraded halogen bulbs I've also bought a pair of PowerBulbs own make POWERPLUS (similar to Philips Vision Plus, that give 50% more light), supposed to have 20m longer beam too, cost £29.95.
ATM powerbulbs have an offer on a pair BUY 1 GET 1 FREE, so you can get 4 bulbs (2 pairs) for less than £30 plus they are still doing the FREE Philps Blue Vision sidelights (normally retail at £9.95).

driveforward

Is at the Nürburgring
Nov 5, 2002
www.driveforward.com
just fitted a pair of the blue vision philips ones from power bulbs

they aren't blue, give off a white light

10 times better than standard, and only £25 delivered
you get the freee side lights too.

Ditto.. no hint of blue at all, but deffo 10 times better than standard bulbs. I also bought from Powerbulbs.com

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
Ditto.. no hint of blue at all, but deffo 10 times better than standard bulbs. I also bought from Powerbulbs.com
might be worth a punt,instead of a HID kit.need a quick fix asap,horrible yellow lights are bobbins.they are supposedly brighter than stock :no: