Pic request..Fr. bumper mod. and carbon scoop?

cuprazer

Hello!

I have just mounted a BIG custom FMIC on my MK3 Ibiza Cupra,in this case the front bumper will need some minor adjustments, cutting etc. I might aswell make the standard air intake bigger by removing the senterpiece at the same time. (pic below)

Sorry!,just borrowed a pic!. Nice looking car by the way!
DSCF2106.jpg

Only thing im unsure of is how and where to cut it to give it the right lines. On the pic it looks like the "cut-away" areas are filled with material to give it a clean look. Any guides on how to do this in a proper manor?
Info and detailed pictures of this would be great!

Im also concidering putting a little subtle carbon hood scoop (center mounted) on my Onvi mk3 beeza. Any pics and opinions about how this would look?. Will it be too "rice" looking? :confused:

-Erik

May 2, 2006
not too sure about the roof scoop, might look a bit OTT imo

regarding the centrepeice being removed, on the pic you shown it looks like thats been done in a body shop, looks very good, nice and smooth then resprayed by the looks of it

i done mine by just getting a angle grinder on it from the back, doing it bit by bit until it was lined up, if you take your time with it it should look ok, if i done mine again i would get it smoothed off like the one you shown

Heres mine
DSC00273Small.jpg

cuprazer

what intercooler u used mate and how much did it cost u.

I used an 3" in/outlet XO2 Intercooler "upgraded" version (pic)..It has smaller side tanks than normal production size.Cost me about 500 punds + 200 pound in hoses,tubes,clamps and fittings. I know its expensive but well worth it!

xo2.jpg

cuprazer

this is what i did to my standard bumper:

cupra011-vi.jpg

Thats very impressive craftmanship Andy!, thats how I want mine to look like!. Im getting started on it this weekend. What kind of cutting tool did you use?

Black TDI Turbo

Shussssh Its A Diesel ...
Oct 2, 2005
North East
Hi cuprazer you got any other pics of your car more so the pipe work and what part of the metal brackets did you have to cut? Also that intercooler looks really deep how much of the bumper did you have to cut away to get it to fit? Any help cheers.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.