Platinum Grey Leon FR TDI Hybrid - The End!

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Redline Magazine Feature

Possibly speaking to soon but Redline have stated interest in featuring the car. Just waiting to hear more details from them. Hopefully everything goes through, quite excited by it.

Redline Magazine Feature Update #1

Right spoke to Redline today and they want to do photoshoot in next couple of weeks (dont hang around do they?). Looks like I have to go a bit mental prepping the car in the coming weeks. They are also very keen on performance testing the car cause of the amount of work done to it. Should be interesting - hopefully there is no loss of talent or lack off when launching the car for the 0-60 runs :lol:

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Blimey Maz, many congrats on the approach of a feature. A lot of prep but at least you'll have a nice clean and well kempt car ready for all to see! Nice motivator for the winter months ahead too!

With regards to the rubbers in the engine bay, did you use that product (G-Techniq C4) that you had mentioned in your most recent detail write-up when working with Gleammachine? It will be nice to see the results.

Shame about the scuff on your engine cover. Is it bad? If my memory serves me correctly, you have the Forge Carbon cover don’t you? I’m perhaps giving my future plans away but, I think I might be right in saying that the laminating epoxy-resin that is used as the top layer by Carbon Mods (www.carbonmods.co.uk) in the carbon fibre process might be an appropriate product to use to repair the scuff. I know D.K. uses their, and similar, products and he might be better to ask advice on this matter, but may be you could smooth the scuff with wet and dry and apply the resin coat and marry it in to the existing coat, as it dries completely clear; then sand down and apply a polishing compound to bring up the original glossy shine. Just an idea and it might not be feasible or necessary but…..

Congrats once again Maz!

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Maz's cover's just painted not carbon'd.
most carbon parts are coated in clear resin so if that get's scuffed then like you said it's a simple case of rubbing it down and then laquireing it, applying more clear resin is not always the best option,

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Maz's cover's just painted not carbon'd.
most carbon parts are coated in clear resin so if that get's scuffed then like you said it's a simple case of rubbing it down and then laquireing it, applying more clear resin is not always the best option,

Thanks Darren :)

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Cheers James, appreciate the kind comments. No we didn't touch the engine bay however I got loads of tips from Gleammachine and I put them into practise on Monday. Engine bay came out really nice with all plastics and rubbers shiny and clean. I don't know whether I will be able to sort out the small scuffs on there in time as a replacement is the only way and i doubt its straight forward as its the actual engine cover not the removable one. Really annoyed me when I saw them but hey I suppose **it happens. I have dressed it so the plastic looks glossy and I will go over again with another application to see if it hides it more.

DK - I will let you know mate.

Aug 19, 2007
East Yorkshire
Redline Magazine Feature Update #1

Right spoke to Redline today and they want to do photoshoot in next couple of weeks (dont hang around do they?). Looks like I have to go a bit mental prepping the car in the coming weeks. They are also very keen on performance testing the car cause of the amount of work done to it. Should be interesting - hopefully there is no loss of talent or lack off when launching the car for the 0-60 runs :lol:

Welcome to the exclusive club of featured tdi's :) Hopefully you'll be luckier with the weather than we were. It absolutely heaved it down, and its not easy trying to put 400ft/lb down in those conditions!

itfben

DsignVinyl.com
Oct 24, 2009
nr. Tunbridge Wells
rearstrut.jpg

is the a genuine seat net or something where u get it?

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
I believe its a genuine Audi A3 one. Really cant remember where I purchased it from, possibly of ebay.

Put in my spare wheel for refurb yesterday. Making sure the wheels look perfect before the photoshoot!

Took the car down to AmD to try and isolate the rattle I been getting ever since new exhaust has gone on. Still quite puzzling! Strange thing happened when Kenny@AmD gave the car a good test to see performance differences between old and new exhaust. Engine light came on...when we checked on vagcom through up a MAF sensor problem - possibly boost spike. We thought that because it was so cold the car got more air than it wanted this throwing up the error. Have to keep an eye on it, cleared the error for now and it hasn't come back.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2007
Behind Wilko
I believe its a genuine Audi A3 one. Really cant remember where I purchased it from, possibly of ebay.

Put in my spare wheel for refurb yesterday. Making sure the wheels look perfect before the photoshoot!

Took the car down to AmD to try and isolate the rattle I been getting ever since new exhaust has gone on. Still quite puzzling! Strange thing happened when Kenny@AmD gave the car a good test to see performance differences between old and new exhaust. Engine light came on...when we checked on vagcom through up a MAF sensor problem - possibly boost spike. We thought that because it was so cold the car got more air than it wanted this throwing up the error. Have to keep an eye on it, cleared the error for now and it hasn't come back.

did they straighten the exhaust tip whilst they were there? just kidding!

what does Kenny think to it now?

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
what does Kenny think to it now?
You mean of the performance?

He thought the delivery was smoother and seemed to have more torque mid to upper end. Not massively quicker but every little bit helps. I doubt the graph will show it cause of dyno lottery but I feel there is a difference.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise