Platinum Grey Leon FR TDI Hybrid - The End!

dholdi

Jul 3, 2008
Preston
Nooooooo, I guess from the emoticon that your not best pleased Maz.
I really hope that this will go to someone who will cherish it as much as you have.
I would have it in the blink of an eye if I didnt already have mine and was in the market for one.
Good luck with the sale.

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
Its a very good price considering the value of the mods (diff, KW's, brakes, bespoke pipes, turbo, clutch, etc etc), the condition, the mileage, the attention to detail and the manner in which you've looked after it mate. I doubt there's another in the country as clean as yours.

Anyone in the market for a Leon should look seriously at yours as you won't get mid range punch like it in anything else with those 370 torques! Good luck with the sale.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Just read your for sale thread mate, I have to say this is quite possibly the best MK1 ever!!!

Seems a steal at that price.

The spec is HUGE and it's all top draw products.

All the best with it buddy and with the new motor whichever you choose.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Nooooooo, I guess from the emoticon that your not best pleased Maz.
I really hope that this will go to someone who will cherish it as much as you have.
I would have it in the blink of an eye if I didnt already have mine and was in the market for one.
Good luck with the sale.
I am not happy as I thought I would have the Leon for a while yet. I am still in love with the car but I have decided to move on. I hope the new owner enjoys her as much as I have.

Its a very good price considering the value of the mods (diff, KW's, brakes, bespoke pipes, turbo, clutch, etc etc), the condition, the mileage, the attention to detail and the manner in which you've looked after it mate. I doubt there's another in the country as clean as yours.

Anyone in the market for a Leon should look seriously at yours as you won't get mid range punch like it in anything else with those 370 torques! Good luck with the sale.
Thanks Andy, means a lot mate!

Just read your for sale thread mate, I have to say this is quite possibly the best MK1 ever!!!

Seems a steal at that price.

The spec is HUGE and it's all top draw products.

All the best with it buddy and with the new motor whichever you choose.
Thanks t0m, means a lot. I hope the next person enjoys the car as much as I have.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Just had the most strssful day. Been on the phone to over 12 different insurers and no one can insure me on m3.

Appears to be combination of

1) Cost of the car
2) History of claims for the cars
3) area I live in

I never made a claim, no convinctions, 6 years ncb, 29 years old....quotes of £2000 and £3000 excess!!! Just gob smacked...in shock that i can even get the car I want and can afford.

Looks like I will be looking at 335d's, 335i's and 135i's.

Jim_R

Just had the most strssful day. Been on the phone to over 12 different insurers and no one can insure me on m3.

1) Cost of the car
3) area I live in

I never made a claim, no convinctions, 6 years ncb, 29 years old....quotes of £2000 and £3000 excess!!! Just gob smacked...in shock that i can even get the car I want and can afford.

WOW. I was paying just over £600 on an E46 M3.... 28 / 10Y NCB & live Essex.

£2000.00 is a joke

J@mes W

Stage 1 Revo'd LCR
Jun 28, 2009
Colchester
Firstly sorry to hear you're selling up, but onwards and upwards as they say. It's an absolute steal at that price, i'm sure the first serious viewer who knows what they're looking at will snap it up in a heart beat.

Some pretty expensive quotes there, unfortunately M cars come with sky high insurance premiums. Too many of them end up in inexperienced hands and ultimately wrapped around lampposts / trees. Statically they're high risk cars.:drive2:

I'd imagine a mapped 335I is a good chunk cheaper to run & insurance - a great compromise, plus in the real world where torque matters, it'll be just as quick an e93 m3. :think:

Have you had any quotes for a 335I yet?

EDIT
Insurance premiums really have gone through the roof in the last 12 months, we've got the injury claim culture to thanks for that.:shrug:

Last edited:

EmDee

Omnishambolic
Harking back to what was said earlier about waiting a bit, I've noticed you say you're 29.

When I was 29 I had a 1.6 Leon running about 120 bhp
When I turned 30 I bought my LCR, which was declared as over double the power.

My insurance when i did this went DOWN from 600/yr to 400/yr

Wait till you turn 30, can't hurt and it will help you think it over, there's no rush.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Thanks for the advise guys but 30 is next year and I am looking to change now. Even when I did the insurance pretending to be a year older just to see if it had an affect the price didnt change.

Like already been said they are sought after cars, they are high risk cars and I am sure that the area has something to do with it.

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
I think it's a case of better the devil you know Maz, and a sign of the times unfortunately. 35 is the new 25 and all that... You can see why so many get caught out by insurance and simply choose not to have any at all.

In my opinion, an M3 is a 'chance of a lifetime car'. Would a lesser spec 3 Series give you what you're looking for? My friend Phil has a 335d and with a map it's very very torquey... but it's a diesel and I would imagine you're after a petrol. Very nice cars though. I have an itch for Audis myself.

Ironically you may have a better insurance experience with a Boxer or Cayman... A reputable insurance broker might be worth a consult Maz.

I really hope this works out for you Maz!

James.

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
What (if you don't mind me asking) is the Leon costing you? Relative question that's all. The Leon went up to £435 this year. For another £44 I could've insured a 911 Turbo. The Fezza was another £100.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
That's silly money to insure the M3.

Over the Leon is it really worth that much extra? Great car no doubt about it, but it's going to cost more in every department aswell as the insurance as I'm sure you know you're not stupid mate.

Fingers crossed you can find someone who will insure it for a reasonable sum!

Poverty

1) Cost of the car
3) area I live in

I take it you have tried the admiral group?

The 135i/335i is a good shout.

My mate has the twin turbo version, with 450hp via downpipes, intercooler,wmi and software and that is GTR quick!