Pleas help with my cutting out problem before I burn the car

epts2008

rule the bends
Mar 19, 2009
Chelmsford, Essex
Right basically since I bought my 1.4 16v AHW leon just over a year ago it randomly stalls/cuts out when driving then instantly bump starts itself after it cuts out. This happens generally when driving along from 10mph to 90mph any speed it will do it, also sometimes I get to the end of a road and it will cut out randomly for no reason.
I've put it on the code reader at work and it originally come up with throttle posistion sensor short to ground and Camshaft sensor short to +
I have put a second hand throttle body on it which has cleared the throttle position sensor fault. but still have the camshaft sensor fault.
Car has been terrible this past week keeps juddering away in all gears and its really anoying me now havent spent a fortune on a new gearbox amongst other things.
any help would be fantastic as its getting to the point where I just want to get rid of the car!

epts2008

rule the bends
Mar 19, 2009
Chelmsford, Essex
Shouldn't see why the camshaft sensor should affect it juddering like this though. I replaced the fuel filter last night and did 80 miles with no problems then it started playing up again so my guess is something wrong with the fueling system or alot of crap in the fuel tank??

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Camshaft sensor will be your problem. I had an astra before i got the ibiza and it had the same problem as your describing. It took it to a local independent who had it for 5 days and could not find anything wrong with it - tried several different parts etc etc. Turned out the ecu had been blocked for some reason and only vauxhall dealers could read faults! Took to local dealer and they found a fault for this, replaced the sensor and it did not happen again.

I feel your pain tho, felt like beating my old car with a baseball bat everytime i got yet another problem, cost me soo much money cos things kept going wrong!

epts2008

rule the bends
Mar 19, 2009
Chelmsford, Essex
Cheers mate looks like Ill have to take the plunge and buy one. bit random that it was alright for a good while after i put the new fuel filter on though :S

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.