Please help identify this interior spring!

OFI

Sep 5, 2007
Salisbury
Sorry I can't post any photos right now which would make life easier.

But anyway i'm in the process of cleaning my car out and I just found a large spring rolling around in the nearside rear passenger footwell!

I imagine it is from one of the seats but I can't see where from.

The spring is around 10" long, the coiled section being 6" long and then two hooks on each end. In the centre of the spring is a 2" rubber sleeve covering some of the coils. The wire diameter is roughly 3.5mm so it's a pretty hefty spring.

Any ideas please? :confused:

OFI

Sep 5, 2007
Salisbury
Found it! Some sort of return spring tucked away right near the front of the seat. Looks like a nightmare to refit!

epts2008

rule the bends
Mar 19, 2009
Chelmsford, Essex
Yeh I found the spring under the passenger seat of mine aswell it runs along the underneath near the door I left it off as it doesnt do anything and it also cut my finger in 2 places trying to put it back on :censored: thing

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Yeh I found the spring under the passenger seat of mine aswell it runs along the underneath near the door I left it off as it doesnt do anything and it also cut my finger in 2 places trying to put it back on :censored: thing

Wrong attitude mate, it must be fitted for a reason otherwise it wouldn't be on there in the first place :whistle:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.