Please help me spend my money.

sheffboy

avoiding potholes
May 25, 2007
I've decided to buy the LC an early xmas present but i'm stuck on what to buy.
I've got £200 to spend, which i know isn't much but i'm thinking either a Forge TIP (fitted) or an induction kit. I'm quite happy with my modded airbox but i like the induction roar you get with the ID kits. Basically i'm looking for the biggest performance hike i can get from £200 :think:

Does anyone know of any other mods that would up the performance on the LC for 200 nicker

Any suggestions would be good as it's burning a hole in my pocket :whistle:

LiCkWiD

LiCkWiD EvOLuTiON
Nov 15, 2006
Essex
TIP is best bet.

Smoother air-box is probably better than an induction kit, performance-wise anyway.

I'd say TIP or full hose-kit.

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
i did forge TIP and boost hoses quite early on and at the same time, made a nice difference

given you've mapped yours id do this, will stop hoses folding if you go stage 2, and is pretty much a given for stage 2

sheffboy

avoiding potholes
May 25, 2007
Cheers folks.

The TIP is looking the top option for now. going to price up the ARB option then make my mind up :D

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
ARB should really be done in pairs
Or S3 strutt brace with rear ARB but not for £200, Strutt brace £60, rear ARB £150 and geometry set up £70 ish

sheffboy

avoiding potholes
May 25, 2007
After reading a few comments about the gains from a TIP i'm beginning to sway towards the ARB route. If i save the cash till the newyear and a bit of crimbo money i could have a very nice handling car :think:

Cant make my mind up now. Lol.

sheffboy

avoiding potholes
May 25, 2007
How much am i looking at Andy?

I need to know how much begging to do to the missus ;)

GREY 225

Jim R
Oct 15, 2006
Can recomend neuspeed,they are expensive but are top quality and the rear is adjustable too,had no issues with fitting or clearances,made a massive differance to handling of car,i went for 22mm/25mm rear which i think is a good set up,but some have 25mm/28mm rear,but whatever i would get both of them done together,only doing rear might give you some interesting handling situations.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
I have only done S3 strutt brace and 28mm rear ARB as you can see from my sig, handling is very good, no over steer with this set up
I think I paid £150 for rear and £60 S3 strutt brace with £70 geometry set up
If going for it might as well do front aswell

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Sorry for interupting, is the A3 strutt brace easy to fit on an LCR
Stupid question do you have to drill into the body

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
With the added caveat that the strut tops are VERY thick and you may find it easier to disconnect the bonnet strut whilst doing it :)

I would also go fo the ARB. Straight line power is only good for that, having the option to carry that speed through the twisties makes for an enjoyable drive. £200 will get you one Neuspeed bar, a shade more will get the front and rear Eibachs. As you have no rear ARB at present, either Neuspeed or Eibach will be a huge improvement on what you currently have, whether the Neuspeed kit is twice as good as the Eibach kit ...... i don't know.

I should add that i've got the Eibach 25/25 kit and i'm very happy with how the car handles.

Last edited:

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
id have to say £ for £ the eibach 25/25 would be the better kit in terms of value for effect on the car

sheffboy

avoiding potholes
May 25, 2007
Well guys, your comments are much appreciated and i've decided to save for the ARB's. I'm quite happy with the straight line speed and although the TIP would help and also look [B)] i think it's about time i started on the handling.
This modding lark doesn't half empty your wallet ;)

Hopefully i'll be rocking with two neuspeed ARB's by the end of January. Can't wait!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.