please help petrol flap fault

samndavid55

hi i went out in the car last week and went to fill up with fuel and pushed the button and nothing so left it till later and then it opened :confused: and then this week it done the same again any one know any thing about it? going to france in it next week dont want it happening there

Aug 21, 2008
Skipton, N Yorkshire
Petrol Cap broken

Does any one know how much the solinoid is for the filler flap. and could i get one from VW garage cos the SEAT on is a bit of a treck.

Also does in include the plastic thing that catches the flap when locking

Thanks

leon sport

Jul 17, 2009
newark,notts
petrol cap cover

hi all,

got a problem with my petrol cap cover,it wont open when i press the button,its gradually got worse over time which makes me think its not a fuse,it makes no noise atall,any ideas?

iv done a search but only find threads where its making a noise when u press it.

thanks in advance

J0N

Defected!
hi all,

got a problem with my petrol cap cover,it wont open when i press the button,its gradually got worse over time which makes me think its not a fuse,it makes no noise atall,any ideas?

iv done a search but only find threads where its making a noise when u press it.

thanks in advance

If it's not the button maybe the flap is sticking. Have you tried getting someone to pull it while you press the button?

leon sport

Jul 17, 2009
newark,notts
having finding a petrol flap release selenoid fix guide,does any one know a part no. for the selenoid,also where the fuse is located for the release button because i cant find any info on it on the fuse box.

thanks again.

BEOWULF

I am BEOWULF !!!
Mar 18, 2006
I AM IN FRONT OF YOU
Help please petrol flap

Just been to the petrol to put some fuel in my lcr. When i got there pushed the fuel flap release nothing happens apart from clicking after a couple time's of pushing the button it Finley opened.
The only prob i have now is that it will not lock again. Any u guy know what the prob is

Last edited:

shaneseat

Apr 21, 2009
hi, having the same problem, but a quick fix is to pull carpet back in boot and put your hand up inside the panel and feel a metal rod, pull it back about 4/5inches (well......feels like that anyway) and the flap will open.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.