Plenum Bung Removal !

julianat57

Jun 19, 2010
Stafford
So I just bought an exeo and looking around it today I found the battery was sat in an inch or so of water. I assume this will be the culprit. There must be 6" of water in places under there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, will definitely be the problem, if you are lucky it won't have made it's way into the cabin, also hope that it hasn't started to rot the brake servo with horrendous consequences. Had all this with an Audi, but now forewarned and check the Exeo on a weekly basis. In 6 years of ownership, I have unblocked twice. Best of luck....Julian

gdnutt

Nov 7, 2016
Hi, will definitely be the problem, if you are lucky it won't have made it's way into the cabin, also hope that it hasn't started to rot the brake servo with horrendous consequences. Had all this with an Audi, but now forewarned and check the Exeo on a weekly basis. In 6 years of ownership, I have unblocked twice. Best of luck....Julian

Fingers crossed, brake servo doesn't sound like an easy (cheap) fix!

gdnutt

Nov 7, 2016
Well all done it seems, it was the bung and it was full of crud, I opted to trim the bung as a best of both worlds option hopefully. My battery bath is now all gone.

gdnutt

Nov 7, 2016
Should have thrown it away, that may come back to bite you!

Quite possibly, I'll keep checking it, if it blocks again I'll just push it through and be done with it. Not too difficult a job to repeat really

Northstander

Nov 30, 2016
I checked mine this weekend and after much struggling to get that battery out I discovered that the bung had already been removed!!!! Now that silly little clamp that holds the battery in place won't go fully down any ideas?

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Cupra TDI 150

Sep 25, 2007
Bit of a random question, any one know why this bung is shaped like this and not just a drain hole?

decadent

Apr 1, 2012
Herts
The only issue, or so I have found on my car, if you only remove the large oval grommet you won’t drain all of the pooled water.

My car gushed out a fair old amount of water once I had reached for the plenum bung after remove the large oval grommet.

I also managed to reach under and do all of this without taking the battery out. I wasn’t able to put the bungs back in situ though so eventually will have to take the battery out if I find I’m getting exhaust gasses circulating in the cabin.

decadent

Apr 1, 2012
Herts
The only issue with that caldi is the large oval is about 2 inches higher than the plenum bung.. i guess it would drain on hills i suppose.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.