POLL: Does the Leon FR require a Rear Spoiler?

bizzaboy

Hi guys,

With the sporty heritage that the Leon FR carries, along with it's looks, would a rear Spoiler compliment the back end of this car? Opinions please.

The rear is more distinguished from other Leons (ie Stylance etc), with the opened rear bumper centre section (more aggresive), that drops down either side of the number plate. Also the twin exhaust.

However following the lines of the FR up around the rear tailgate, the FR looks the same as any other Leon. I'm considering fitting a Spoiler of some kind, any feedback would be appreciated. Pics from those that have done this would also be great! :)

Cheers.

Aug 11, 2008
Liverpool
Yes it does!! Really finishes off the back end of the car in my oppinion.. It was one of the first things I did to mine! :)

bizzaboy

Yes it does!! Really finishes off the back end of the car in my oppinion.. It was one of the first things I did to mine! :)

Cheers for your feedback guys!

Street, care to elaborate on which Spoiler you went for? Any pics? :)

bizzaboy

Also to point out, it isn't just about aesthetics, as a rear Spoiler on a performance FR, would serve a purpose and be a practical Mod too! :)

Not talking about Max Power style spoilers here as can be found on 'boy racer' sunday shopping A to B cars!

robjnr

258 spanish donkeys
Oct 24, 2007
Bristol
I think there is one called an aero spoiler, (correct me if im wrong) comes with the aero kit but can be bought seperately

Aug 11, 2008
Liverpool
Spoiler1.jpg

Spoiler2.jpg

Spoiler3.jpg

There is mine.. I didn't really like the look of the Aero spoiler but a guy on here was selling that one. Its a Greek import one so a bit rarer than the Aero spoiler.

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
Also to point out, it isn't just about aesthetics, as a rear Spoiler on a performance FR, would serve a purpose and be a practical Mod too! :)

Not talking about Max Power style spoilers here as can be found on 'boy racer' sunday shopping A to B cars!

On a front wheel drive car?

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
i have rear spoiler and side skirts on my Cupra and it looks the dogs , much more aggresive and finishes it off nicely , my girlfriend has the FR with no skirts or spoilers and looks plain next to mine :p

robjnr

258 spanish donkeys
Oct 24, 2007
Bristol
Any one got pics of the aero spoiler? how much is it from the dealers? Does it come already painted?

RickyD1975

Audi A6 2.0TDI 170 S-Line
Jan 2, 2008
North East
IMO you need at least a rear spolier as the rear just looked naked without one. I have both the Aero rear spoiler and side skirts and it does look more of a beast with them on.

Cheers

RickyD

RickyD1975

Audi A6 2.0TDI 170 S-Line
Jan 2, 2008
North East
IMO you need at least a rear spolier as the rear just looked naked without one. I have both the Aero rear spoiler and side skirts and it does look more of a beast with them on.

Cheers

RickyD

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members