POLL: Does the Leon FR require a Rear Spoiler?

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
Spoiler1.jpg

Spoiler2.jpg

Spoiler3.jpg

There is mine.. I didn't really like the look of the Aero spoiler but a guy on here was selling that one. Its a Greek import one so a bit rarer than the Aero spoiler.

I have the same item from greece, viewed from above: http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/lh/photo/bQAnxE3ii0zUWDlKshylQA?feat=directlink cost was £80?? plus £75.00 paint job, the last bit I thought was a bit expensive.

bizzaboy

Thankyou guys for all your feedback. Also the pictures from Street and NickP.
Nice cars - Nick, that is a mint FR, agree while subtle, the Side Skirts really do look great and add to the overall image of the car! Expensive to purchase/paint/fit ?

On a front wheel drive car?

Since when has it mattered if a car is forward/rear wheel drive, and whether it can therefore have a Spoiler? Spoilers become effective on either - at speed! :)

InfernalBadger

Sep 6, 2006
Berkshire
Since when has it mattered if a car is forward/rear wheel drive, and whether it can therefore have a Spoiler? Spoilers become effective on either - at speed! :)

Downforce at the back creating lift at the front and reducing the grip to the wheels that are trying to drive the car and steer it?

Anyway, I don't really like the look of the aero spoiler, because of the slight 'spoiler' lip the leon already has it looks like it's just a spoiler stuck on a spoiler (old halfords one stuck on a saxo kinda thing ;))

/runs

bizzaboy

Downforce at the back creating lift at the front and reducing the grip to the wheels that are trying to drive the car and steer it?

/runs

If that was the case why would the Leon K1 have the rear spoiler?
There are so many front wheel drive cars that 'feature' spoilers.

Also, more appropriately, how about the SEAT Cupra Championship (motorsport).

cuprachamp.jpg

These cars are also all Cupras under the bonnet, and front wheel drive !

I doubt the mechanics were all standing in the Pits scratching their heads, lets take the Spoiler off as its slowing the cars down.

Also these are so much more highly tuned than your road car, which going by your theory would mean they would just be wheel spinning round the track due to TOO MUCH rear downforce! lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

leon_in_uk

Feb 14, 2009
Tamworth
can you guys tell me what sort of price i will have to pay for a seat spoiler and the skirts painted and fitted? what did you pay from a dealer?

LeonFR07DSG

Aug 15, 2008
Hertfordshire
i think i payed £300 ISH if i remmeber correctly to get the skirts and spoiler from SEAT...they are in a little booklet they do anyway for all the extra bits and bobs u can add to your car...

had it fitted elsewhere as they were going to charge a fortune. i got it done for £150 i think...

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise