Pollen filter

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
Hi

Does anybody know how to access the pollen filter on MK4 Leon? I was looking behind the glove box but is all sealed with a plastic enclosure so not sure if that all needs to come out for pollen filter change? That would require probably all glove box take a apart

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
I have contacted mann filter for advise on this. A quick visual check underneath the glove boxes revealed a fan motor so in theory AC unit is same as mk3 Leon. Due to space completely sealed behind the glove box in mk4 i can only see one option to change the filter and to take the glove box apart gaining access behind for filter assembly

Alex667

Jan 10, 2023
United Kingdom
Sorry for the thread-necro, but did you figure this out? Did the same on the weekend - figured you'd have to pull the whole glovebox but wasn't 100% sure... Anything to watch out for other than light wiring etc?

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
Unfortunately, I didn't have time to investigate before winter. By the look of it, all glovebox would have to come out. I know compare to LHD car they have cut out for it. I'm planning to do same on mine if possible so I don't have to take the glovebox out every year when changing the filter :D

Attachments

• glove.png
    glove.png
    25.2 KB · Views: 182
Reactions: Alex667

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
I usually replace the filter every year. Dremel will be needed i just have to figure it out why this hasn't been done from factory

EDIT: not possible to cut hole the back side plastic of glove box will colaps

Last edited:

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
Just finished my one RHD replacement. It's a bit challenging but durable. No need to remove (lower) the glovebox shelf. There are 4x T20 screws inside the glovebox, a plastic clip and 1x T20 screw on the left side under the side cover and one sneaky T20 screw hidden on the bottom right side of the end. You have to also drop the bottom cover 3x T20 screw under the glovebox for better access. Don't, unplug the Airbag switch if you dont have the diagnostic to reset the fault afterwards. And dont forget to unplud the glovebox light the cable is rather short. Picture attached. My filter was pretty stuffed with all sort of sh.t. :rolleyes:
left side.jpg

glovebox.jpg

sidecover.jpg
sneaky.jpg

inside.jpg

old filter.jpg
old filter2.jpg

Last edited:

Alex667

Jan 10, 2023
United Kingdom
Nice write-up :)

I think if I ever get around to taking mine out, I'll be taking a dremel to the back piece of the glove box and cutting a hole for future use.

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
The glove box would fall apart. I was looking for that option also but the structural integrity of the glove box would collapse which is why the SEAT didn't choose that route

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.