Pondering thoughts and opinions on the Cupra. What will other Cupra owners get next?

Al

Aug 29, 2005
That is quite a lot for options for sure.....

Still, the important part is the all wheel drive.

Carr20vt

Dec 18, 2003
South Wales
Visit site
Always bought my cars outright but i see the evo X now comes with 0% finance. Mines currently on PH for sale but with only one enquiry in 3wks doubt i'll be changing soon. Not too bothered still love it. Dealers are rubbish tho, been waiting 9wks for warranty work to be sorted.

Starscraper

I have thought about a Scirocco in about a years time but you guys are putting me off with your VW stories.:lol:

Apart from that, if Honda were to put a decent engine in the new CRZ coupe, say the one from the Civic Type R I'd look at that, as long as it drove well.

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
On the subject of traction, I thought my Cupra was fine at first but as the thread wore down the grip just got worse. I would recommend changing the front tyres at 3mm (which is the recommended level anyway I think).

AWD, 4WD, Haldex or whatever has the disadvantage of all four tyres need changing more often than a FWD car.

warren_cox

Back from the dead
AWD, 4WD, Haldex or whatever has the disadvantage of all four tyres need changing more often than a FWD car.

Don't tell me about it. At first tyre change went to tyre place with £300 in cash on me thinking all was well, walked out with a bill for £680 for 4 Michelin Pilot Sports + fitting etc... Rears were worse than the fronts (on inner edges), and I hadn't even noticed :cry:

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Don't tell me about it. At first tyre change went to tyre place with £300 in cash on me thinking all was well, walked out with a bill for £680 for 4 Michelin Pilot Sports + fitting etc... Rears were worse than the fronts (on inner edges), and I hadn't even noticed :cry:

Lad at work has the 2.0T Quattro A3 and he reported his tyre wear to be the same. Must be a trait of the quattro system.

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds

Really off topic sorry, but what sort of mileage was that after?

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
roads are going to be fuul of scirrocos soon , and if a new golf or scirroco was behind you , i dont think you would be able to tell the difference in your mirror.

Cupra appeals cause its "what was that that just whooped my arse" :p

focus RS looks nice but will be copied by nigel and his mates trevor and stinky.
plus every set of lights you come too , spotty in his 1.2 nova with dustbin zorst wants a race .

i havent seen too many new shap imprezas on the road , would love to test drive 1 :whistle: but not buy :blink:

still dont think i would get a sensible car though :whistle:

Aug 5, 2008
Derby
Well said lad. Bring on the sheds at traffic lights i say. I raced a Clio at night a couple of months ago on the a38. It came up beside me with this little twat of a boy racer in it. He was waving his hands at me as we were side by side. I thought you really want to race a K1 MATE. Think about it. So anyway what i did not know was it was a williams. ups. God they are well quick. I beet him but thumbs up to him because he kept up with me for a short length of time. I was well supprised. never under estimate a shed at traffic lights people. It may look a heap but don't diss it till you race it.iiiiiiiiii......:banned:.

RickyD1975

Audi A6 2.0TDI 170 S-Line
Jan 2, 2008
North East
Well said lad. Bring on the sheds at traffic lights i say. I raced a Clio at night a couple of months ago on the a38. It came up beside me with this little twat of a boy racer in it. He was waving his hands at me as we were side by side. I thought you really want to race a K1 MATE. Think about it. So anyway what i did not know was it was a williams. ups. God they are well quick. I beet him but thumbs up to him because he kept up with me for a short length of time. I was well supprised. never under estimate a shed at traffic lights people. It may look a heap but don't diss it till you race it.iiiiiiiiii......:banned:.

William's are not bad for 144.48bhp per tonne. Cupra is 167.16bhp per tonne.

My mate had one back in the day and it used to be great fun and eat the front tyres alot:D

Poverty

I don't know what he had under there but it was not standard. It looks fun.

probably throttle bodied or cammed or something along those lines. Hey atleast he was friendly and waved to his fellow enthusiast!

Aug 5, 2008
Derby
probably throttle bodied or cammed or something along those lines. Hey atleast he was friendly and waved to his fellow enthusiast!
Very true mate very true. I had a Clio once. It kept breaking so i've never really been into them since. Thats the french for you.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
looking for a motorbike :)

then a R34GTR when the right one comes about :)

Motorbikes are the way ahead for speed, for sure. I have an 05 R1 I bought new almost 4 years ago and am tempted by the 09 model, but I must resist :lol:

R34 GTR's are rare (and brilliant) cars and certainly something worth having if you can justify it :)

Revon

Dec 22, 2007
Very true mate very true. I had a Clio once. It kept breaking so i've never really been into them since. Thats the french for you.

Before the Cupra I had a Renault 5 GT Turbo, a Saxo VTS, a Clio 16V, a Clio 182, a Clio 197 and a Megane 225 and never had a problem with any of them :)

Back on topic, an Alfa Mito GTA could be tempting when it comes out...

Revon

Dec 22, 2007
Good point but could be worth it for 230bhp (apparently) in a very small car....;)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members