possible boost leak help needed

tripper

Jul 5, 2006
birmigham
recently had my lc remapped everything was fine boosting quite aggressive to about 16-17 psi settling at 13-14 psi now its suddenly started to boost 1t 15 psi and drop to 10-11 psi i`ve read on here its probably leaking how do i go about finding it does the car need to be revved for pressure to build or do i just spray liquid on to the pipes like some people have done.

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
check each area that has either a join or a sensor attached, no quick way im afraid, have you also tried to listen round the engine bay?

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Could also be a sign of a MAF problem. My LCR was boosting @ 6psi at times when the MAF failed and VAG-COM showed a possible boost leak amongst the error codes.

sargey

Escaped mental patient
Aug 16, 2006
Weston-super-crapland
i agree with MAF, i couldnt boost over 5 in my LC til it was changed. Westec didnt even find that when i had it on the rollers (diagnostic)

tripper

Jul 5, 2006
birmigham
have you ever heard of the ecu knocking back a bit i only ask cos when it was boosting good i was having trouble with it going into limp mode like a few of the guys on here say so i`d turn the ignition off then on then back to normal but thats not happened for a while but like i say not boosting to what it was before so could the ecu adjust itself to try and stop the limp mode problem causing the boost to not hit as high as it was