possible pedal problems?

weemanno1

Jul 11, 2009
does n e one else find with the 1.4 16v mk2 arosas that there is a delay form when you push the accelerator to the revs rising??? of is mine broke? lol its only a bit of one like but i thought as it was electric it would be instant?:cartman:

weemanno1

Jul 11, 2009
i have possibly found the solution to delayed pedal problems... there is a potenciometer on the end of the pedal ( pedal position sensor) which if faulty can go out of sync with the tps in the throttle body this causes a delay which slowly gets worse! :) x happy days.. hopefully

arosabywater

what did you do then just replace the sensor or can you just alter it?
if replaced how much does it cost ?
thanks

weemanno1

Jul 11, 2009
hi yeah.. the problem was the porenciometer in the pedal... its a bolt on part but... its a garage job as the streering coloumn has to come off and the pedal box.. also it then needs setting up to the throttle body,, its not cheap and cost me £450 all in but its fixed and so much more responcive!!! :) if you can put your foot down n you have a good second delay and also the revs hunt when held... its the pedal sensor.. sorry to break the news:whistle:

arosabywater

ok thanks for that.
yer seems nioce and expensive gona have to stick with the delay for quite a while then :(

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
It's worth disconnecting the battery for a while and connecting it back up - this is supposed to reset the ECU, and may help get it back in synch with the pedal. At least it's free! And if it doesn't work you are closer to a solution.

weemanno1

Jul 11, 2009
i wouldnt nother tobe honest as it can sometimes make it worse as the potenciometer can become more and more delayed as i found out when i disconnected mine. you will have to watch as depending on the fly by wire it can dye altogether. :) what year is your arosa. but as lunalupi says once its fixed f you disconnect the batterty to reset your ecu and give it some beans you will find it will go a bit quicker. as after a while the ecu memorises your driving style and maximizes it for fuel economy... smart arent they :):)

weemanno1

Jul 11, 2009
oh dear...

sounds like you have issues hun... what happens from when the problem beggins?... could be many things from throttle position sensors... to maff sensors or even a temperatur sensor.... what model do you have is it a 1.4 16v or 8v etc

Shellpaul

hey its a 1.4 16V I had to push my car of a single carriage way and then of a dual carriage way to a laybe another day, someone mentioned changing a switch just above the brake pedal...

weemanno1

Jul 11, 2009
pedal problems.

yes i had a hesitation problem with my 1.4 16v there way a delay when pulling away and pressing the accelerater. this was the potenciometer on the pedal... very veyr expencive ot replace. but this i do not think is the caus eof your problem if you have epc lights on it means theres a big problem. you should really take it to a garage as a number of things can cause this.. possible cam belt slipped?... if the timing is out it will not make the car run properly and ove rtime can cause stalling... hunting and otherproblems.. obviously i am not master tech for vag but soudn more of a engine problem than a sensor??? :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.