Power expectations LCR

Chrissy20vt

Nov 2, 2009
Hiya guys,

I am a total newbie,

Ive owned an A3 1.8t that a local company remapped, Thats the extent of my VAG experience,

Now an LCR 225 owner,

Again had it remapped by the people that remapped my A3, (trusted and tested and worked ace on my A3!)

It is 'similar' mapping to AMD software,

Ive got a 3" Downpipe fitted, Straight decat, and a panel filter with smoothed drilled airbox, Super 4 plugs and a forge 007,. Std coolers..

Question -

What power could or should a healthy LCR be putting out, I had my LCR when standard on a trial remap (APR) and that -vs- my remap with NO other mods. APR remap was waaaaaay slower,
not sure if the maps just more agressive, but after owning a 320bhp Fiat coupe 20vt acn say - feels closer to 280 than say, 265 bhp..

Thanks - Chrissy

Last edited:

DJ-LIAMC

VAGisclean
May 31, 2009
Loughborough
with your mods you should be running 265bhp im guessing, but i have the same mods as you exept for the dp + decat, car seems to be healthy from vagcom + logs and im only running 235bhp but im unsure which map i have, could be a crud one.

JamJay

California Bound
Chrissy, I assume you have the cat-back exhaust too to compliment the downpipe and decat?

Did you get a stage 1 or stage 2 map?

You can get either map done with a full exhaust system but Stage 1 won't produce as high figures as stage 2.

So, if stage 1, you'll be at around 265bhp and if stage 2, you'll be at 280 - 285bhp but you ideally need a FMIC to reach this.

DJ-LIAMC, your map should be producing more than that, it's strange that it's not. I too have a 210 and after it's stage 1 map it put out nearly 260bhp.

Last edited:

DJ-LIAMC

VAGisclean
May 31, 2009
Loughborough
the RR i went to recently was monster ms, an lcr stage 1 costom code went on and only got 239bhp and 240+lbft and every other car were about 20bhp down on expected. i dont know wat map ive got but i know its mapped boosting at 20psi and actual/requested is good.

Chrissy20vt

Nov 2, 2009
Hi, No its a standard system ATM, but soon to be a cat back too - funds permitting.. Stage 1 or 2 was not mentioned, just that this was the map best suited to a 225 with a 3" DP and decatted.. ??

Chrissy

JamJay

California Bound
In which case DJ, get on another RR and see what you get. Alternately there is a way to find out your BHP from airflow readings taken by VAG-COM although I have forgotten what this is, can anyone help?

Chrissy, it may be sort of a Stage 2 that you have but you'd see greater benefits from a full exhaust system and FMIC. I'd get these mods over the coming months and take it to a tuner with a dyno.

Last edited:

DJ-LIAMC

VAGisclean
May 31, 2009
Loughborough
i got 191g/s mass air flow block 2, which works out about 250 bhp. i dont mind because im going stage 2 with the Fmic, Turbo back exhaust ect next year. i think you log blocks 2, 32 and 115 for boost, fuelling, cfs, mass air flow.

Mar 3, 2008
sunny Devon
the RR i went to recently was monster ms, an lcr stage 1 costom code went on and only got 239bhp and 240+lbft and every other car were about 20bhp down on expected. i dont know wat map ive got but i know its mapped boosting at 20psi and actual/requested is good.

what yours is running is very simlar to mine. mine boost to 20 psi and bulls like a train, i had no fault codes ,but had the feeling my maf wasnt right. changed it and uprated to ths hoses....... Boy what a diffrence it made......

JamJay

California Bound
DJLIAM, how did you work out your BHP? My last test this week showed readings of 191.7 in block 002 and 207 in block 003, what's the difference between the two?

Slim, what reading was your MAF showing? You say you had a feeling it wasn't reading right (so do I), was this being shown on VAG-COM?

DJ-LIAMC

VAGisclean
May 31, 2009
Loughborough
Jamjay, to my knowledge block 2, 3 mass air flow readings should be the same just in different sections, mass air flow x 1.3 should give a rough idea of bhp so 207g/s is around 269bhp. Also i got told by the RR guys my car is running a bit lean , i dont know what can cause this?

JamJay

California Bound
Whoops, sorry I was looking at the wrong section of the code. Ok, so it was 207g/s which is pretty good so I am told and even though that's a rough figure, I am happy. However this isn't consistant so I suspect a dodgy MAF.

I am not too sure on the running lean scenario but as far as I know, a dodgy coolant temp sensor can cause it. What are your engine temps like and MPG?

DJ-LIAMC

VAGisclean
May 31, 2009
Loughborough
mpg is terrible on £20 fuel (v-power) i get 70 miles driving nicely, engine temps seem fine though. so ill look into the coolant temp sensor then cheers, sorry crissy20vt for hijacking your thread :D

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.