Power loss at 3k revs

klimite

Hey all I have a mk4 1.2 with 106k miles on it (i know haha) on a 52 plate..

Anyways last night and today there seems to be a problem with power, at 3k revs it feels like a limiter cuts in and all power is lost, although if you change gears under 3k you can still climb up in speed ?

the car has been lightly flooded in the past by my old man and he had to change the coil packs to get it running fine again so thats our first though, have any of you got any ideas of what the problem could be or should I just set fire to the bag of *£$%

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
Hey all I have a mk4 1.2 with 106k miles on it (i know haha) on a 52 plate..

Anyways last night and today there seems to be a problem with power, at 3k revs it feels like a limiter cuts in and all power is lost, although if you change gears under 3k you can still climb up in speed ?

the car has been lightly flooded in the past by my old man and he had to change the coil packs to get it running fine again so thats our first though, have any of you got any ideas of what the problem could be or should I just set fire to the bag of *£$%

Probably say the cars not a bag of ****, I'd probably say that its going into Limp mode... but then I'm not sure if 1.2's have that... I'm pretty sure they do.

Best thing to do get it plugged into VagCom, it will throw up some errors and will let you know exactly whats wrong.

klimite

tried the old disconnect batt for ecu reset with no luck and it smells like its burning a lot of oil/fuel if this helps?