Power Problems with the old girl.

CupraRcleanR

Hi guys.

Need some help.

Just to put you in the picture I drive my car like Morgan Freeman in Driving Miss Daisy, most of the time.

I decided to get abit of wind in my sales and go for a Revo Stage 1. All booked in for today but on the rolling road the car only registered 160bhp!!!! The guy said I needed to get this sorted before a Remap would produce any results.

I have not a clue as I know more about a woman's mind than I do about car engines. I can't say I have noticed a sudden drop or a slip in the power delivery.

I have it booked in for a Vagcom reading tomorrow but would appreciate a little help from thoses who know.

Mate of mine had a look and checked the DV and N225 and the problem doesn't seem obvious.

Any help Please!!!!!

RS6

Nov 24, 2009
hmm sounds like a sensor has gone MAF, & the car is in limp mode

have you had it serviced recently is it miss fireing blowing from the exhaust?

thats well down on power, is it blowing white smoke from the exhaust

i would like to know this because like you i drive mine much the same :)

CupraRcleanR

hmm sounds like a sensor has gone MAF, & the car is in limp mode

have you had it serviced recently is it miss fireing blowing from the exhaust?

thats well down on power, is it blowing white smoke from the exhaust

i would like to know this because like you i drive mine much the same :)

No engine warning lights and no white smoke or blowing. Thanks for your help by the way:)

Any other ideas?

Jun 16, 2008
thing is, you say the performance doesnt 'seem' to be down ...

how long have u had the car for?
maybe theres been a problem with it before u got it..

CupraRcleanR

Thats what I was thinking. I have had it 3 years and can honestly say it feels the same to me as when I had it first!!!

Any other thoughts?

godber225r

T15 PJG
Sep 6, 2008
Whiteley, Hampshire
What DV do you have?

if you have the stock one its rubbish and is probably not working correctly you need to change it if your having a remap anyway to a forge 007p with the yellow spring.

When did it last have a major service?? also use shell V-power or a 98-99 octane fuel in it they love it as they were made to take the higher octane fuels.

Give that a go

DJ-LIAMC

VAGisclean
May 31, 2009
Loughborough
Check the N75 pipework it may be the wrong way round, mine was and was only boosting 7psi max untill i swapped them to correct way and was boosting fine.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.