Power steering broke

dex130

Jan 22, 2007
Hi,
My power steering has broke. I have had a search on the forum and it says if it has no power sterring fluid there is probs a leak somwhere. I have just checked mine it is low but there still seems to be quite a bit in. Im confused if anyone could suggest places to have a look for leaks etc i would be greatful. Could someone also tell me where the power steering pump is, i belive its the one at the front left of the block but not too sure.

Any help is appreciated!:D

16v sport

have you been in any deep puddles if so it might be a damp connection had this on mine let it dry out for 7 to 10 days if you can to see if that helps

cheshire cat

Dec 28, 2002
cheshire
Visit site
Hi,
My power steering has broke. I have had a search on the forum and it says if it has no power sterring fluid there is probs a leak somwhere. I have just checked mine it is low but there still seems to be quite a bit in. Im confused if anyone could suggest places to have a look for leaks etc i would be greatful. Could someone also tell me where the power steering pump is, i belive its the one at the front left of the block but not too sure.

Any help is appreciated!:D
a reply is appreciated:D

MK8

Same thing happened to me mate. The leak for me was near the passenger side front wheel, near the pump. Ended up having to replace the pump, and the rack!! Make sure you defiantely confirm, and be 100% sure it is a genuwine rack from Seat, that looks exactly the same as the original. I got ripped off by a reconditioned, and it cost me ALOT of money to get to the bottom of the problems (over £1000)

MK8

BTw, you can get a slightly better look around the pump by taking the left fog grills off. and the fluid should always be brimmed! If low, there is very well could be a leak, that was the case for me anyway!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.