Power steering fault and engine management light

Sep 21, 2020
Hi, my Ibiza 2008 1.4 sportrider has recently just had the clutch replaced after my car has been off the road since March, my battery had been dead for approximately 3 months, I jump started it the other day and had no power steering at all and the power steering and engine management light are both staying on, Ive ran the car for couple hours to charge the battery but the fault is still there, was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what it could be. Any help is much appreciated.

Woody_72

May 10, 2020
Northwest England
I'd be tempted to see if you can borrow a battery charger, running it for a bit won't charge up a flat battery anywhere near enough and these cars seem a bit prone to reporting spurious faults when they're in a sub-optimal battery state. Mine flagged an airbag fault when the battery got a bit tired once. It was cleared and hasn't been back since.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2020
I'd be tempted to see if you can borrow a battery charger, running it for a bit won't charge up a flat battery anywhere near enough and these cars seem a bit prone to reporting spurious faults when they're in a sub-optimal battery state. Mine flagged an airbag fault when the battery got a bit tired once. It was cleared and hasn't been back since.
Cheers for the reply mate, I charged the battery fully and put it in, turned the car on, the engine management light had went off but still no power steering, any other suggestions would be a great help, cheers again!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members