Price for supply and fit of rear and front shocks

cormaclynch

Hi There,

I need 2 new sets of regular shocks on my 01 toledo. I need to get it done soon but I have ne idea how much this should generally cost. I know very little about cars and prices etc so any help in what price I should expect to pay would be very helpful

I dont think I'll be getting it done at a main seat dealer but if needs must I might have to.

Thanks in advance!

stebbi

Got Boost???
Jun 10, 2008
Preston
you can do it your self, its not too hard once you find a online guide. took me about 2 n half hours to fit full new suspension on my 16v polo

Thev5

Keeping it unreal
Nov 19, 2004
www.gardensandhouses.co.uk
AVS ( http://www.vwspares.co.uk ) can supply front and rear shocks for about £130'ish. www.GSFcarparts.co.uk will also be a similar price.

The rears are very easy and your looking at about 20 min's per side. You have a total of 4 bolts/nuts to undo / re-do each side. The fronts are straight forward to do, but a little more involved.

All in all, you are looking at £130 - £150 for the parts. It might be worth getting new top mounts as well. They are only about £6 or £7 each. You will also need to get a 4 wheel alignment (this is NOT wheel balancing) done as the wheels maybe pointing all over the place when it is done. This will cost around £100.

Where abouts do you live? I'm in East Sussex, about 20 min's from Gatwick. I would be happy to run you through it and give you a hand.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.