Problem Resolved!! DTCs not supported by controller or a communication error ocurred

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
My (regularly Vag-Com'd) Leon has been sitting covered in snow for much of the last month and has only moved two or three times.

This morning I went to clear the eml (Probably the (non-existent) Secondary air fault) and I got

DTCs not supported by controller or a communication error ocurred
on
01 Engine
17 Instruments
19 Can Gateway
56 Radio.

( I got excessive comms errors on Auto HVAC and Central Convenience)

The only one it would actually read is 03 ABS.

Car runs fine, but laboured to start through flatish battery.

I've got 12.2 volts across the battery terminals now.

I'm thinking I've got a damp/condensation problem - or lower voltage somewhere else.

Should I measure the voltage elsewhere?

(I've used my cable and vag-com on other peoples' cars over Christmas/New Year without a hitch.)

Last edited:

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Might be worth taking it foe a spirited drive to get some heat inti the car to drive out any condensation/damp thats sitting around.

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Measure the voltage accross the battery tonight then again in the morning before you start it just to see if anything is draining it.

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Car started fine this morning. No improvement in vag-com usability after a good run.

If anyone from Ross Tech is reading this.....

I'm getting G71M = -1 repeating itself in the comms box on the screen.

Last edited:

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
I'm starting to think I've got a problem with OBD, either centrally (socket?) or one of the modules is affecting the whole system.

(Note I'm certain the eml was originally secondary air related as the light came on the day before the snow hit in usual circumstances - I clear this code regularly)

I don't really know where to start looking - other than to check the connector to the engine module (when the weather improves), and to check the connectors on the back of the obd socket..... :shrug:

Anyone know where the Can Gateway is?

Last edited:

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Well I haven't sorted this. :(

Replacement USB lead arrived and the problem is exactly the same. Tested on Leon. Not yet tested on Ibiza.

I can get Unisettings to work fine.

It's almost as if my vag-com (or rather my laptop's handing of Vag-com has gone 'flaky'. I've tried disabling everything that's running, made sure my USB ports are always on, etc.

Vag-Com seems to take ages to respond. As said, I can only access ABS (Is that a different protocol?)

Accessing 01 or 17 takes a while, then once in the controller, the bottom buttons fill, then blank out, then fill, all while the Vista timer is running. (see blanked out in screen dump below)

Vag-Comnowork.jpg

Can I reinstall vag-com without losing my licence?

(As said previously, used vag-com no probs about 2 weeks ago).

Last edited:

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Do you not have the licence key, Dave? Then you could reinstall.

I'm free today to pop up if your stuck...

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Yes, I've got the licence key.

It's not earth shatteringly urgent, just a matter of getting it working. :cry: I can test the new lead on KiwiCupra - I can even test it on the Bammer on Friday.........

I know Unisettings is a small prog compared to Vag-Com, but you wouldn't expect it to communicate smoothly and fine with the ecu if there was an obd prob with the car, would you?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.