Problem with leon fr 2006!

tapperz

Bought a leon fr tfsi 200 bhp two weeks ago it keeps going into limp mode. took it into seat and couldnt find a fault at first but happened again so took it back. After a day of fault finding they said its possible ecu failuere. After digging into its history i found out its had a stage 1 remap.Has anyone else suffered these problems??? cheers!

Poverty

Unusual problems, and none Ive heard of remap related. Who did the map?

tapperz

jbs auto designs. i spoke to one of the technicians earlier he said he hasnt heard of it before.

tapperz

Has no one else heard of these problems??? im in limbo with the garaqge owner!! :(

tapperz

yes they offered on the phone its about two hours from where i live. the garage has the car at the mo so just looking for any ideas in the meantime. its a bit of a strange one!

jcp

Dec 18, 2008
Herts
If you bought it from a trader go back and require them to rectify or replace/refund DO IT FAST as they are liable for such a fundamental fault in such a short time. If you bought it privately and it was not advertised as modified tell the seller you had not agreed to buy a previously modified car and ask him to take the car back- arguably you have a case against even a private seller if the car has had something as substantial as a re-map and it has not been disclosed.

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
Might work out better going to JBS so they can have a check on their RR as it could be something else - your garage reflashing the ecu back to a stock map may not cure the problem

Does the car misfire, use more fuel, etc?

tapperz

the car seems to run fine before the epc light comes on and when this happens it runs really rough and seems to missfire a bit until i turn the engine off. when i turn it back on it runs fine but the epc light stays on.

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
jbs auto designs. i spoke to one of the technicians earlier he said he hasnt heard of it before.
IF it was JBS then they should hold the original file? , but before you do that try and find someone on this site local to you with VAG COM and get a list of faults before you go back to the garage - then confront them with the data [ I assume there is 3m warranty with this car?]

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.