Problems on Track day

SeatLeon20VT4

Seat Leon Topsport 20VT 4
May 28, 2004
Bergen Norway
I went out for my first track day with my 2001 leon 4x4. It got a cutom map from EStuning here in Norway.

As I hit the third round the car went into limp mode... It seamed like the N75 valve was dead, It was really hot! So I changed it and tried again, the same problem :censored: So I just let the engine coole down and the car went out of limp mode when restarting the car.

Anybody had the same problem? Can I just move the N75 valve with some samco hoses, or are the problem somwhere else?

SeatLeon20VT4

May 28, 2004
Bergen Norway
Boost

Because the car boost 0,4bar, and that is what it will do if you disconnect the N75 valve. Also it is so extreamly hot so I belive the electronics it the valve will not work... But If somebody got other ideas im hoping for help so my next track day will be a better one...

TimD

Jun 8, 2005
My understanding is that if it goes into limp mode boost will be restricted no matter what the problem is.

Get it on vag-com and see what faults the car has logged, fighting a loosing battle without some form of fault diagnoses software.

My N75 is in the stock location and didn't fail on a track day and my intake temps are sky high atm, i doubt the heat would affect it!

SeatLeon20VT4

May 28, 2004
Bergen Norway
limp mode

I had a proble mearlyer with the car going into limp mode, at that time it was the mapping. But then when you restarted the engine the car would run normally... No It have to cool down before it runs normal again...

SeatLeon20VT4

May 28, 2004
Bergen Norway
boost

EStuning who mapped my car has looked through the file and did not fint that fault in the program im running in my car now, that was my first guess...

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Can you get hold of another N75 to rule that out or get it on VAG COM to see what errors it might have thrown up.

BTW, sweet car.

SeatLeon20VT4

May 28, 2004
Bergen Norway
N75

Iv tried with another N75 and same problem... When I drive it hard on the streats its no problem, but the track its always full trottle, when I drove a bit more carefull on the track the car did not go into limp... Im going to try to get it on vag-com tomorrow...

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.