Project Cordy - My old 16v reborn

Icecavern

Jun 12, 2001
Berkshire, UK
www.icecavern.com
Well I have 1 evening to get those boxes finished ( tonight ) as it's the Reading meet tomorrow night... The interior isn't very messy, mainly because the car doesn't have one anyway :lol: It has a dash, a carpet ( which is being replaced ) and a drivers seat. :D

I'm planning on ripping the dash out completely and building my own from scratch. None of this cut and shut from another car lark :lol:

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Well I have 1 evening to get those boxes finished ( tonight ) as it's the Reading meet tomorrow night... The interior isn't very messy, mainly because the car doesn't have one anyway :lol: It has a dash, a carpet ( which is being replaced ) and a drivers seat. :D

I'm planning on ripping the dash out completely and building my own from scratch. None of this cut and shut from another car lark :lol:

That's going to be some install, will your missus mind losing you to the garage for the next 6 months, constant stinking of fibreglass and rubbing compounds, never mind what will look like the contents of the sahara desert blowing through the house :cartman:

One seat? You've got plenty of space to be creative!!

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
Looking good Pete and coming together nicely, here is some Dashboard inspiration for you ;)

2008-aston-dbs-29.jpg

Icecavern

Jun 12, 2001
Berkshire, UK
www.icecavern.com
That's going to be some install, will your missus mind losing you to the garage for the next 6 months, constant stinking of fibreglass and rubbing compounds, never mind what will look like the contents of the sahara desert blowing through the house :cartman:

One seat? You've got plenty of space to be creative!!

Well she has her orchestra, I have a car project :)

There will be two seats eventually. Got some Boxster front seats to go in, but I need to sort out some subframes. I was going to get Stu to make some but I think I missed my deadline on that one :(

Rudd - Yeah it's OK... I know what the dash will be like in my head, not quite like that but close-ish...

Icecavern

Jun 12, 2001
Berkshire, UK
www.icecavern.com
Figured it was about time for an update on this thread...

Porka seats still aren't fitted. I think Stu forgot to look at the seat mounts for me :whistle:

And... well... nothing else has happened :lol:

What with the weather, lack of time, and just general lack of enthusiasm I've not done anything at all on the car, just drive it about.

Plans are a-foot though. I'm looking to buy a Mk3 Ibiza Cupra in the near future. Then spend a week or so stripping both cars and swapping the entire front end over from the Mk3, engine and bodywork. That will give me 20vt power, and Mk3 Ibiza front end all in one go :D

Still trying to find a Mk3 Cordoba in a breakers to get the rear bumper, boot lid and lights off it but no luck so far :(

The weather is picking up at the minute too so I'm hoping I can get going on the interior again, but I still need to work out exactly how I'm going to do it all.

So there's an update, of sorts, to say there's been no update :lol:

Pete

Icecavern

Jun 12, 2001
Berkshire, UK
www.icecavern.com
Just realized that it's been almost a year since I last updated this thread. Mainly as there's been no progress :lol:

First off I was too busy driving the car to be ripping it apart. Then it's taken me since August to get a new MOT :eek:

But yesterday I got a new MOT and tax and now she's road worthy again. One day I'll get time to spend on the car, but for now I'll just enjoy driving :D

Pete

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members