Projector headlights with angel eyes....any thoughts???

zamzia

Gixer 750 K8
Dec 6, 2010
Newmarket
Hey Rob,

Just few Qs:

Does the beam level adjustment dial, next to the light switch in the car, still work with this mod?

Does the 'one tap three flash' also still work with this mod?

What is the life expectancy for these? I presume once leds start dying the whole unit will need replacing as you can't swap them out like the standard headlamps?!

Cheers my man :)

robthebubble

LED & Headlight Master
Feb 22, 2011
Solihull, West Midlands
Ok, here we go with the replies!...hope it helps.

Hey Rob,

Just few Qs:

Does the beam level adjustment dial, next to the light switch in the car, still work with this mod?

Yes the level adjustment still works as the existing dipped reflectors are being replace with bixenon projectors so all 'back of house' remains.

Does the 'one tap three flash' also still work with this mod?

In all honesty I don't know as I've not heard of this before however I don't see why not as the existing high beam remain as mentioned above.

What is the life expectancy for these? I presume once leds start dying the whole unit will need replacing as you can't swap them out like the standard headlamps?!

As with most LEDs the life expectancy is 20000-50000 hours....your looking at 12-24 years if driving for 4 hours every day!...probably last longer than the rest of the car!...but as you say if one failed it would need a replacement led strip etc.

Cheers my man :)

Bully007

May 9, 2017
Love the lights robthebubble also like the LEDS on the car in your avatar, do you make them as well? would be interested in some of them my cars a LEON FR Super Copa 2012. cannot PM has I'm new n here

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2020
I can basically do anything you like to the headlights, it's all down to the price. But a new set of headlights is about £120, projectors and shrouds about £50, led switchback about £20, spraying reflectors black about £30 and then labour on top. PM me if anyone is interested.

what size diameter for the halos dipped and full beam??

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members