Ptronic Box for 1.5 TSI EVO

CaptainScrumpy

Apr 28, 2018
Has anyone tried this for their 1.5 TSI EVO or any other chip mod?

I have had my car since June and have done 9000 miles. My 10k/year PCP isn't looking too great! I have had it in sports mode since I got it, apart from a couple of long drives from London to Scotland so I'm fully used to the power from the engine and I want more!

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Yeah. Sports mode can be addictive. My 2016 Mustang V8 was a joy in Sport+ but I didn't trust myself to run it in Track mode on the street with 435bhp and no traction control :cheeky:

Deleted member 103408

Has anyone tried this for their 1.5 TSI EVO or any other chip mod?

I have had my car since June and have done 9000 miles. My 10k/year PCP isn't looking too great! I have had it in sports mode since I got it, apart from a couple of long drives from London to Scotland so I'm fully used to the power from the engine and I want more!

Talk to the Lease company and insurance company to see how they feel about it as well.

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Forum Sponsor
Sep 27, 2016
Hi.
If you have any issue with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

farrar

Mar 18, 2005
I've played around with sport mode on my 1.5 TSI and can't tell the difference between that and normal..

CaptainScrumpy

Apr 28, 2018
I've played around with sport mode on my 1.5 TSI and can't tell the difference between that and normal..
It sharpens the throttle response and increases the weight of the steering slightly.

If I'm doing a long drive and I turn it off then I notice it. But I keep it on all the time apart from then.

GibsonKnott

Nov 24, 2018
I keep the sport mode on. There’s not a lot of difference from normal but it means the cars always at it’s full potential and there’s no difference in terms of fuel consumption.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.