Put leather seats in now have airbar warning light

jcborden

Having installed a set of second hand leather electric seats today with side airbags, the airbag warning light is on, obviously with the old seats the light was not on.

I know when moving the car around having just taken the passenger seat out the light was on then, I guess because there was no airbag stuff connected. But now having installed both new seats it is still on.

I'm pretty sure the connectors can only go one war around and are securely connected, so any ideas?

meltonlad

Mar 21, 2009
huntingdon
should have disconneted the battery before removing the seats. you could try disconneting the battery for 30 mins and see if it resets the ecu. if not then its a job for vag com.

jcborden

Thanks for the quick replies, battery now disconnected... will see in 30 minutes. Hope that solves it as I don't have vag com (yet).

jcborden

Ok, have left for 40 minutes and tried, but still the warning light so I guess it will need clearing with vag com.

Is there anyone near Ely or Cambridge with the software who wouldn't mind helping clear the warning? Thanks in advance!

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
Why not just take it off when you get home and put it back on in the morning, sometimes it can take a few hours for the system to fully loose charge, if not it needs clearing.

jcborden

Left the battery disconnected overnight and have tried again this morning but have the same result of the airbag warning light being on. Looks like I'll have to go the vag com route.

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
resetting the battery wont clear the airbag light... take it to dealers to reset, or someone with vagcom.

did you reconnect the airbags back up?

jcborden

Yes, definitely reconnected the airbags on the new seats. Will try posting in vag com section or bite the bullet and buy vag or vag405 (seems a lot cheaper although is limited in what it can do - but it can read and clear the codes).

dentist

Feb 21, 2009
you can clear the airbag light with the el cheapo cables of ebay and shareware version of vag com i preety sure.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise