question on prices for parts for a mate

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
be alot cheaper to look for a beezer being break'd for parts and is the same colour or your paYing an arm and a leg when fully sprayed and finished ect!

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
price will vary i would imagine! if he just wants the shell or the complete door ect!

whats happend to his car then?

Kendo

The Kit Car Man
May 15, 2005
erskine
When some arse hit my car and drove away It cost me £200 for an new offside front wing and spray at my dads mates bodyshop so that was mates rates. Looking at that car it looks like its taken a fairlty hefty knock. The sill looks damaged which will be more money and Id be concerned about the chassis beeing out of shape. In my opinion unless he knows someone in the repair trade with all the equipment and willing to do it at cheap rates id avoid it, just my opinion though.

chris285

leon mk1 fr tdi
Nov 26, 2004
lincoln, uk
nah tbh i would prefer an honest opinion for him, he is going to query the guy tomorrow for more info about the condition

its a shame i can't afford my new car yet or i would offer him mine as there is virtually nothing wrong with it

Kendo

The Kit Car Man
May 15, 2005
erskine
There might be very little wrong with it apart from panels but all my cars apart from my current have been write offs. Its very easy to get carried away when most of the car looks shiney and new but its important to look beyond that, your mate could even have the aa or abody shop carry out an inspection or estimate to give him a rough cost of repair.

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
if your mate is really interested, go and see it before bidding!

it does look like it has been clattered quite hard! :think:

the last pic, showing the drivers interior, look at the plastic trim in the bottom corner! :whistle:
looks like it doesn't sit right to me, maybe the door opening isn't the shape it should be! :banned:
saying that though it might just be that the trim has come loose! ;)

BJM

Sep 25, 2005
Houston, Renfrewshire
I would have to agree with the above comments mate, that definately meeds more than 2 wings and a door. Look at the sill, it also says it's got light suspension damage, I think that'll be big bucks to repair if your mates not doing it himself.

Poverty

I can get him some black doors if he requires. Guy down the road saw me wash my car and got me to come round and look at his smashed up one hoping I would buy it or buy some parts lol. His car propper fooked though all airbags went off etc but from the doors onwards the car is fine.

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
there you go!

i cant see the pictures yet as im on a work computer and it wont let me see ebay pages :doh: but if the sill has been badley damaged then it will need a new 1 welded on and that will become very costly!

croakey

waste of time and money that one.... parts only i would say...that sills ****ed!