Quick question about servicing?

biggaz

Jan 6, 2006
hi, i would just like to know when the cambelt is due a change on the mk3 cupra 20v t? Im looking into buying one atm !! ( total headache) and really dont wanna pay over the odds then realise it needed its cam belt done 3k ago? :redface:

Also whats a rough price for the cambelt service :shrug: ? Thanks ......(soon to be a cupra owner)

Any help much appreciated! gary

flashbsd

ditto, 60k, most think its 80 but my manual says 60, and so does my brain when i get close to that mark.

Better to be safe than sorry with the 20vt especially

biggaz

Jan 6, 2006
Ok thanks people, any idea how much roughly it would set you back? So i can bear it in mind..... thanks again . gary

RichN

Collecting Rings
Jan 29, 2005
Oxford
www.Oxford7s.net
flashbsd said:
ditto, 60k, most think its 80 but my manual says 60, and so does my brain when i get close to that mark.

Better to be safe than sorry with the 20vt especially

Yes, 60k here too. The garage 'receptionist' read that a cambelt check is required at 60k so booked that - the actual mechanic called me and said that the change takes only 30 minutes longer than the check, so why not pay for the part and add a little extra cost....

true or not, I'm not up for risking it, and I went with it. The invoice shows the standard service charge twice, which seems to be the norm for a dealer to change the cam belt along with the regular service.

Hope this helps..