R.I.P. cupra

weemzer

upside down not good!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Perthshire
Well, it has finally happened!! went for a kebab last night and killed the cupra.

lost it on a right hander, hit the banking, rolled onto my roof and slid 80 yards along the road on my roof!!! :cry::cry::cry::cry:

it's safe to say that she is a total loss. here's a couple of low quality pics i took at the scene. thank **** for seatbelts thats all i'm saying...........

P14-11-07_2040.jpg

P14-11-07_204001.jpg

more to follow.........

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
m8 i realy feel for ya but by what uve just said it sounds like you wer lucky to get out.....im sure you will be able to find another one at a good price,that is if you want another one, least your ok m8

weemzer

Jun 30, 2006
Perthshire
i'd love another one but i'm having problems talking the insurance co into selling me her back and i dont wanna have to re-do the last 18 months of work from scratch!!

most of the parts would be salvageable apart from the cooler i reckon.

the cops and the ambulance were fcukin amazed i got outta it, so am i to be honest!!

sore leg/wrist/back/head and a bit of whiplash isn't bad considering the state she is in!!

i'm off to retrieve her from the haulage place this afternoon, it's gonna be a heartbreaker seein her in the cold light of day!!

weemzer

Jun 30, 2006
Perthshire
yeah dan it was icy, didn't even have a chance to correct it not that it would've mattered at 60 mph!!

weemzer

Jun 30, 2006
Perthshire
cheers lads. watch this space, if the insurance will give me it back there's gonna be a mk2 golf turbo on the horizon soon.................................

Dan Cupra R

The Yellow Sub
May 2, 2006
Reading
Good luck with it, deffo buy it back and break it, Im sure you could sell plenty of gear from the car, put up the seats for sale, rear lights if they are still in tact etc etc.

weemzer

Jun 30, 2006
Perthshire
i'll get a better idea of the damage this afternoon, anythin that can be salvaged will be don't worry!!!!

footlong

Oct 12, 2007
South yorkshire
ouch!

Look fella, ya walked out and still have all your bits and bobs in the right place. well done for wearing your belt, and well done seat on a great advert for your vehicle safety. wouldn't have fancied that one in my old nova gsi!!!!!!!!!
Now any bits you want shut of, give me a shout, i'm repairing mine after a cosmetic bop!

Once again, good to see you walked out dude.
Dan

Cupra_G

185bhp/230ftlb
Mar 7, 2006
ayrshire
s62.photobucket.com
Hey sorry to hear that! It looks like you were lucky!

I had that problem with insurance when my sis wrote off my mk2 golf. Because it was fully comp they paid out for the car but wouldn't sell it back to me! There reason being it was unrepairable so they wanted it scrapped.

weemzer

Jun 30, 2006
Perthshire
cheers, suppose you're right, i'm still breathing!!!

my mk2 golf has been sitting in the garage for two years now so i think that'll be recieving the vast majority of the parts i get back off her!!

weemzer

Jun 30, 2006
Perthshire
i told the insurance that i had another one and i only wanted to keep it for spares, lets face facts, she's never gonna be on the road again!!! ha ha

Feb 1, 2007
gloucester
just tell them you want to get some bits out of it , such as stereo stuff and that , and then rip all the good bits of , sorry to hear about it , i would be well gutted if that happened to me

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
im amazed how calm u where weemzer, when I wrote the mk4 off I was gutted as can be. Suppose u have been very lucky anyway mate and lookforawrd to seeing your next or the rebuilt car.

adam.p

insurance are taking the micky they cant stop you keeping the car its you property the only reason they try to keep it is they make more money from selling it on to a breaker rather than selling it to you for 10 or 20% of the value of the car they will get from you. i had this problem with my last car so i got it from the yard they kept it in and put it in my parents garage so they cant get it

si-mate

Jai Ho or Jay Ho?
May 31, 2004
Kunt Centryside
Sorry to hear about this and glad you got out alright. Nice to see that they are such as strong car as my girlfriend drives ours every day.

Sorry to sound like a vulture, but I could really do with the rear spoiler if you end up breaking it.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.