Race of Champions (RoC)

Wackojacko

Aug 21, 2006
Maidenhead, Berks
Race of Champions

Who's going then ??

I'm going to be working there all weekend for Sky Sports, Not sure who i'm looking forward to meeting the most.... Murrey Walker as the commentator or all the drivers trackside !!

Best thing for Wembley, much better than dull football ! :whistle:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
lmao :D The pitch was in a worse state before they stuck a track on it. RoC have budgeted for renewing the pitch after the event anyway. Hopefully they'll employ someone who knows something about drainage and pitch management, because Wembly certainly didn't.

helms

Console Race Car Driver
Jan 30, 2005
Basingstoke
im going, well excited, got good seats too, right above the guys who have the paddock passes.
Gonna be awesome. who else is going?

Wackojacko

Aug 21, 2006
Maidenhead, Berks
Aye, I've upped my package to include Sports especially for Xmas so I could watch the Race of Champions. Top bonus too, being broadcast in HD. ;)

Unfortunatly it's only going to be SD, as i believe both HD channels have football on. It is being shot in HD, but only transmitted in SD.

Wackojacko

Aug 21, 2006
Maidenhead, Berks
Ah............. I just had a look at the listings.....and your not wrong.

Well i'm down there tomrrow and shall find out, Must say i thought it was quite strange that we were not covering it in HD, as most of the Sky Sports stuff is these days...

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Should be a good event, have watched it every year on Eurosport. I'm pleased that Sky are doing it, because though no doubt we'll get advert breaks we won't get 5 minutes of crap about the sponsors between ad breaks like you do on Eurosport.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Yer but I've been considering getting the sport package for a while, so I can watch A1GP. I'm intending to have the movies package turned off in the New Year, because i rarely watch them and if there was anything i really wanted to see, i'd get the DVD.

Before i turned on sports, i had everything but sports, so i'll just have everything but movies in the new year. Only saves me around £8, but its £8 in my pocket not Sky's.

I've had my Sky well over a year so i'm not bound to a contract now, so i can pick and choose on a monthly basis what I want and what i don't, decided to get everything turned on for xmas so i can watch the RoC.

Wackojacko

Aug 21, 2006
Maidenhead, Berks
I was there today, they were doing shake down on all the cars, and then a few of the drivers went out for a practice. Sorry i don't know who this driving in this video.

Doesn't look that fast in the ROC buggy........ should have seen them going round in some Focus ST's.... now that was worrying.....(body roll wise)

Video.........

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I was sat here tonight wondering what to do tomorrow

Do I go shopping (no)
Do I change the rod ends on the Ibiza (bit cold, but what the hell)
Decided to do a Tesco delivery shop, so that's coming (so I have to be in)

Then I remembered I have 6hrs of RoC to watch in the afternoon.

At least I can proudly say I didn't waste my whole weekend

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.