Racingline R600 vs Racingline Cup Edition

Charliessmith

Jun 16, 2017
I cant make my mind up between the R600 intake or the cup edition intake, the R600 is enclosed and the cup edition is open but Racingline claim there is a minimal power difference between the two so I would like to know everybody else's opinion please.

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
Got no experience on either, but I would assume the open version is more prone to heat soak. Also, I read on some VW forum a comparison of both and the performance seemed to be similar, with the poster saying that the Cup was "louder" but the R600 breaths better on lower range power.

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
I’ve got the R600, and I imagine it mainly benefits from the direct flow of cold air to the filter that the R600 housing provides, where’s as the cup edition is likely more prone to heat soak as mentioned above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

strell

Nov 30, 2016
I have just fitted the cup edition today.

I love the noise it makes. Some say it’s quite loud but based on some of the cars I have had in the past (Impreza sti, m3 with CSL airbox etc) I would say it’s not that bad and makes a really nice sound.

I think the performance is going to be quite minimal so went for the sound. And it’s not like I am going to miss 5-10 bhp after it’s map anyway :)

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I did the Cupra testing for both the Cup Edition and R600.

Cup edition is slightly louder, but the R600 flows a lot better, Volkswagen Racing Germany use the R600 themselves. The only reason its not used on the TCR cars is because they have a TMIC in the way.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.