Radio code for Alana MP3?

Cal91

1.4 Powerrr
So I ran my car out of electricity and now the radio is asking for a code. :(

The code isn't written anywhere I can see and it isn't in my manual.

I rang two Seat dealerships and both can't do it until next week! Plus they will need the car for half a day and with expense. I have only had the car 3 weeks, not happy! How is this my fault?

Can't be right can it?

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
So I ran my car out of electricity and now the radio is asking for a code. :(

The code isn't written anywhere I can see and it isn't in my manual.

I rang two Seat dealerships and both can't do it until next week! Plus they will need the car for half a day and with expense. I have only had the car 3 weeks, not happy! How is this my fault?

Can't be right can it?

My code is on a small credit card type insert in the stereo manual

Some dealers write the code on a sticker stuck on the head unit itself.

mattanb

had my alana code done this morning. didnt need to book it in just turned up and took them about 20 mins while i waited for £15

try another dealer?

Cal91

1.4 Powerrr
Yeah, my manual is brand new :s looks untouched and the card hasn't got the number written on.

I took the radio out to check for a sticker and found a sticker under the radio tray saying what I think is security number translated from Spanish.
I entered the four digit code and it blocked the headunit. So I wonder if the headunit has been changed before I bought the car? :confused:

I shouldn't have to pay for this :censored:

Cal91

1.4 Powerrr
I daren't now.
I found a sticker with the code on... entered it too many times and now it read 'SAFE'.

I remember them saying they had to change the headunit before I bought the car cos the steering controls wouldn't work. How kind of them not to write the code down!

It's booked in for thursday now, but I am going to get the front bushes done also.

mattanb

leave the ignition on for between 10 mins and 2 hours before you go for the radio to come out of safe mode otherwise they cannot enter the code either!

there was also a sticker on the left side of mine with a 4 digit code written in biro and it didnt work as the code! it wasn't even close to what my code is!

Jul 12, 2009
London
www.flickr.com
leave the ignition on for between 10 mins and 2 hours before you go for the radio to come out of safe mode otherwise they cannot enter the code either!

there was also a sticker on the left side of mine with a 4 digit code written in biro and it didnt work as the code! it wasn't even close to what my code is!

Having this problem with mine now!

By leaving the ignition on will you not run the battery out?

Also, Can you lock the car whilst the ignition is on? As i'm not leaving my key in my car and not locking it :rolleyes:

mattanb

i think you could leave your spare key in the ignition and lock with your main key but don't hold me too it as i just left mine on the drive!

nah u should be ok for a couple of hours just don't leave your lights and air con on !

Dopsonj

Jan 25, 2010
I managed to lock mine out..

Just left my key in ignition for an hour exactly, came back and it had gone from safe mode to re-enter mode, so i did. then held one of the buttons on the bottom right after entering the code and then it was fine.

Jack

Pazza

Getting radio code

Following my recent dead battery replacement, my radio is of course locked. However, I haven't got a radio code. I bought the car brand new, and all the documentation (service manual, user guide, radio guide etc) is always together and I can only assume that I was never given a code for whatever reason. Rang the Stealers up, and they wanted £45 to plug it into a machine to get the code from Seat online. I said bolx to that! Wondered if there was a way or technician on here who could help acquire it another way...?

fandyboy

Following my recent dead battery replacement, my radio is of course locked. However, I haven't got a radio code. I bought the car brand new, and all the documentation (service manual, user guide, radio guide etc) is always together and I can only assume that I was never given a code for whatever reason. Rang the Stealers up, and they wanted £45 to plug it into a machine to get the code from Seat online. I said bolx to that! Wondered if there was a way or technician on here who could help acquire it another way...?

45 quid? WTF? You might as well buy another head unit. :censored:

JasonD

I'm in the same position, I had a look on yell.com and local places seem to be able to decode it for around £15.

dodger893

Got same problem, disconnected the battery and now need to put code in.....Ive got it from my wallet but my stereo wont take it, I put the numbers in and press the pmt button or what ever it is and nothing each time I turn it on it just says 1000, I follow the instructions in the manual and nothing. :(

HAROLD STEWART

Have recently joined forum so dont know if im doing right thing by posting my question here. ibut cant see any other way to post a thread.if im wrong please tell me!my problem is i cannot switch my alana ibiza radio off by the ignition,i have followed the manual and confirmed it is in the correct IGN ON setting but it still wont turn off any help please.

ant61uk

Sep 6, 2011
Keighley, West Yorkshire
Radio Alana MP3 Codes

Hi, Bought a crash damaged ibiza today and found there is no hand book for the radio codes etc. I have a Super Vag K+ which lets me dial into the Radio sub menu and the radio reads DIAG. Does any one know how to retrieve the radio code? Dont want to mess the radio up, but it does say the following.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

6L0035186C seat s04
GR0 6 37

ECU Coding: 00401
Server Code: 04941

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Code something here be the code?

I have already tried 1234 and got a wrong attempt number 1 as they salvage yard said this was the code, but no. How many wrong attempts will it take before lock out? I dont want this .... :cry:

You get 3 attempts, before you have to follow a "reset-procedure", which is basically leaving the radio and ignition on for at least half an hour, which will then grant you access to another attempt.

I know you have the cable, but you could ring up some dealers and ask them to give you the code? A couple of people have said the Dealer gave it to them for free. :)

ant61uk

Sep 6, 2011
Keighley, West Yorkshire
dealers

You get 3 attempts, before you have to follow a "reset-procedure", which is basically leaving the radio and ignition on for at least half an hour, which will then grant you access to another attempt.

I know you have the cable, but you could ring up some dealers and ask them to give you the code? A couple of people have said the Dealer gave it to them for free. :)

Hi thanks for the safe mode information. Unfortunately, the car has no number plates etc, and my dealer is less than co-operative, so trying to sort it out " with a little help from my friends " :D