Radio Code

jaid

Nov 1, 2004
Hi,

I have been having problems with my radio on my Leon FR Tdi since i reset the ECU by disconnecting the battery, think I have right code but read on forum that manual is possible wrong and that i should not be holding down prog button but should be scan button, is this right? if so should I be holding down button 1 or 3 or neither is there another scan button?

vwpologti

Jun 25, 2006
just type the code in mate then hold scan when you have done that
and you will be sorted :)

vwpologti

Jun 25, 2006
i reset my ecu lastnite and tryed to press program and wouldnt do anything
then pressed the scan and worked great.

d_cook88

zιℓ∂נιαη - ρℓαу ωιтн ƒιяє
Aug 28, 2007
Preston
Hey, i have just unplugged my battery and now i need a code for my radio? where will i find it? thanks, dave.

arjnoro

Ok here it goes folks again, I'm helping because I was very frustrated with mine for a month. I got the following info from my dealer in Mexico via telephone. NO CHARGE. He informed me that the code might be under the ashtray. Pull out the ashtray and there might be a sticker under the ashtray with the code. It may be on the side of the radio unit or in the glove compartment. My code is 0777. Anyway turn your stereo on (car off) then wait for an hour!! no key inside ignition either! come back your display should have changed from SAFE to 1000. Then input the code first and then press the SCAN button and that's it!!! good luck, did mine yesterday!!!!

Teasy

Sep 1, 2007
Middlesbrough
Mines booked in tomorrow as the code wasnt in my radio manual, dealer said it has to be put on their computer thingy and hey presto Bobs your Uncle (no cost to me either as they should have made sure it was in my manual when I bought it 18 months ago) :D

Penmans at Darlington :clap:

smiliyon

Answer which is free of charge for a radio code from dealer

Hi had the same issue myself, where i'd disconnected the battery and didn't have the code wrote in the handbook. Called my local deal and they said yes they can get it for min £30, so i phoned another local seat dealer JCT600 Wakefield, spoke to the guy in service, gave him my details, car reg and radio code on the side of the radio. He got me the code for free of charge, cracking service. Plus another point in the handbook it says seat should give you the code free of charge.If you need any keys to get the radio out with go on ebay they are £2. In all it took me a few weeks to get it after calling round etc but got if free of charge. Try it it works.

Cracking
Cheers
Stephen

paddy04

Wiped ECU on Monday by disconnecting the battery on my 04 plate Leon SXTDi, however now the radio code wont work. I have followed the instructions in the radio users guide (several times over) but 'SAFE' just re-appears after I have punched in the code supplied in the guide. The guide says to press PROG enter the code and then press PROG again, but it just reverts to 'SAFE'. Does this mean the code in the radio users guide (supplied by the dealer) is wrong? Can anyone suggest what I can do to get the radio to work again?

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
i phoned another local seat dealer JCT600 Wakefield, spoke to the guy in service, gave him my details, car reg and radio serial number on the side of the radio. He got me the code for free of charge, cracking service.

Does this mean the code in the radio users guide (supplied by the dealer) is wrong? Can anyone suggest what I can do to get the radio to work again?

rather than trusting the book - stick with the serial number

alanh6687

I don't think I was given the correct manual on how to code mine in or any codes???

I've found a four digit code in the handbook, but its just been written on and doesn't say what its for. Does anyone know how many digits there should be and how to code a mk seat leon cupra???

Cheers

Steerpike

Dec 21, 2009
Hi,

I have this problem but I don't seem to have a SEEK or a SCAN or a MODE button? So, once I've entered my 4 digits, what do I press?

Steerpike

Dec 21, 2009
Can we see an image of the front of your radio?

Hi,

It's exactly the same as this one:

headunit2.jpg

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members