radio / head unit problem options

stevek

Hi i am new to this forum & would be grateful of some advice. My 2001 ibiza cupra radio has just started coming on of its own accord & will not turn off. I believe this can happen & it was a real pain in the backside as i returned to my car today & had to call the AA out as i had a flat battery.
I have booked the car into my local seat dealership in newton abbot in south devon who are going to charge me 1/2 hour labour to investigate the fault £40 + vat
They said it would be over £400 if the head unit needs replacing-ouch!!!

I read a post about GTS who refurbish the units but that was quite an old post-do they still do this?
I was also thinking about the possibility of upgrading the unit but am not sure what would happen to the air con, heater controls, clock & on board computer etc if i did this.

I live in devon & am not technical enough to start doing the job myself any advice??

stevek

Hi Again all a quick update for anyone with similar problems I took the car to my local seat dealer which was a waste of time (& money 1/2 hour labour £41 !!) and they told me there was a problem with the radio as if i didnt know that! £240 + vat + fitting for a replacement.

I found an ebayer that offer the repairs for £70 see link will let you know how it goes
type in repair seat ibiza radio on ebay for details as i am not allowed to post a link

stevek

hi again i had the radio repaired by
Car Hi-Fi Services Ltd

Unit 5 Croft Estate

Glasgow Road

Longcroft

Stirlingshire

FK4 1QP

via ebay & it works brilliantly,i sent it on a monday & it was returned on friday.